December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

Winds really start cranking up in the early morning for our area as well!

image.gif.97843b0262a2e95d24f2bb741fee40e5.gif

Haven't really talked about this much, but some people will need to be driving to work early tomorrow morning. I wonder if widespread Level 3 emergencies are issued throughout the state to cut down on traffic as much as possible?

• LIKE 1
  • SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Haven't really talked about this much, but some people will need to be driving to work early tomorrow morning. I wonder if widespread Level 3 emergencies are issued throughout the state to cut down on traffic as much as possible?

I couldn't imagine anyone but emergency workers will be on the road tomorrow morning. Need to let the plows try not to get too far behind on the roads.

• Admin
Just now, ak9971 said:

I couldn't imagine anyone but emergency workers will be on the road tomorrow morning. Need to let the plows try not to get too far behind on the roads.

My husband's work is convinced that it "won't be a big deal." 😞

• FACEPALM 2

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I won’t be going in early morning thankfully but work by noon though. Hopefully the winds blow the snow off the roads 😂

Just now, junior said:

I do also wish the snow occurred during the day but I’ll be up watching it regardless since I’m off tomorrow. I do work the weekend though unfortunately. 

I'm one of those who like watching better at night (despite sleep loss).  Something about watching snows in streetlights and seeing distant city lights highlight distant snows.

• LIKE 3

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

They might be riding the NAM into the dust. lol.

I feel like people tend to complain less when they get more than forecasted than when mets blow horns and the forecast busts. 

Probably just trying to avoid that scenario. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

We might learn from this system that when teleconnections scream SLP would be further east but models are in upper midwest...don't hug to tightly to the models. I know strange things sometimes occur but the percentages were on the side of this being further east than modeled. 

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

These are situations I definitely appreciate the work from home flexibility.

Same here - I own my own business, and my assistant is on vacation this week and next.  If she was here, I'd be telling her to stay home as that's what I'm planning to do.  If we have power, I'll get some work done.   I'm not having her or me risk life and limb just to be at the office - this is why we have an online portal to store all of our software. 

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Jeffro said:

I feel like people tend to complain less when they get more than forecasted than when mets blow horns and the forecast busts. 

Probably just trying to avoid that scenario. 

Probably right, but ILN does have a history of dragging their feet until the middle of nowcast & by then it's too late to get the proper warning out to the general public who doesn't follow these storms closely at all. 

• THUMBS UP 5

44 minutes ago, MidwestWX said:

I'll share one of my winter secrets... the RAP handles winter weather well. I really enjoy using it as a sanity check vs other guidance.

If the RAP is happy about a solution - I wouldn't throw it out.

Fudge, was hoping that was the one model that’d be wrong. Guess I’ll take my inch and like it…so it looks like any snow that comes will be on the IN/OH border by midnight? And to expect lots of virga?

Edited by NWOhioChaser