December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, Ingyball said:

Measured 2.5" here. Had a co-op observer call in 0.05 QPF with 1 inch of snow out ahead of that squall so a 20-1 ratio

I'm glad you got something out of this. Stay warm and safe!

• THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

In what sense?

Probably increasing amounts from 1-2 & 2-4 to 3-6 in the western and northern FWA based on short range guidance. 

Edited by Jeffro
english is hard.
  • THANKS 1

I’m just glad it won’t start snowing until I’m off….. and not because I don’t want to drive in it, but because I can’t see it at work and I know I’ll piss my coworkers off by leaving every 20 minutes to go watch it snow 😂😂

• LAUGH 3
  • SNOWMAN 2

At this point I’m just looking for more than an inch to whiten everything up and look nice falling in those winds. I’ll probably be up pretty late tonight watching it unfold. Which means I probably should have gotten some decent sleep last lol.

• THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, Snow____ said:

At this point I’m just looking for more than an inch to whiten everything up and look nice falling in those winds. I’ll probably be up pretty late tonight watching it unfold. Which means I probably should have gotten some decent sleep last lol.

ditto on all of this lol. I think our area in general gets around 2" and anything more than that will make me quite happy. The wind and cold are going to make this something special!

• THUMBS UP 2

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

The best part about being within 18-24 hours is that you don't have to wait hours upon hours for new model runs. We get the the RAP/HRRR dopamine hit every hour!😂

LOL....Too true

The best part about being within 18-24 hours is that you don't have to wait hours upon hours for new model runs. We get the the RAP/HRRR dopamine hit every hour!😂

It’s a blessing and a curse because I’m the one that’s going to look every hour 🤦🏽‍♂️

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

14z HRRR looks similar to the RAP with the location of the heaviest OV snow axis

Picking up on some heavier returns around 70,71,75 area from 10p-2a on that as well. Short rangers seem to definitely be favoring this area.image.gif.8158f95e80bc0b2b9598776df86d2697.gif

• LOVE 1

I'll say this, if those 6"+ totals do somehow occur in southern IN/parts of OH, that's going to be some ridiculous snowfall rates for about 3 hours tonight - couple that with the wind & it will be an amazing sight. Too bad it's happening during darkness, would love to see it in the light of day.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

1 minute ago, Snow____ said:

It’s a blessing and a curse because I’m the one that’s going to look every hour 🤦🏽‍♂️

You're not alone on here 🙋‍♂️

I try to break it up though. Since it's snowing and a relatively balmy 28F I'm gonna go for a hike for a few hours. 

• LIKE 1

Just now, StLweatherjunkie said:

You're not alone on here 🙋‍♂️

I try to break it up though. Since it's snowing and a relatively balmy 28F I'm gonna go for a hike for a few hours. 

Good. Clear the brain before the front comes through lol. I get off work at 8:30pm est. So bout time I settle in at home I can watch the temps crash and the snow start. It’ll be a fun night.

Anyone think the NWS would issue a snow squall warning along with the WSW? Or would they just add it to the WSW wording? 

I would think they would be separate. Any snow squall warning would last as long as a typical t-storm warning (If not shorter duration) whereas the WSWa is over a longer period.

• THUMBS UP 2