December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

3 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

Measured anywhere between 1" and 2" of snow in not drift areas half an hour ago. Have drifts around 1 foot already. This video was from them. We've had near whiteout conditions since then.

You may need to ask OUN and TSA (Tulsa) to keep an eye on this line, this looks like to be a intense Snow Squall on radar.

1 minute ago, RobB said:

Totally agree!

I've stated before, snow or no, this is one heck of a weather event!

We’ve tracked this storm for so long if I squeak out an inch I’ll be happy. Model fatigue may be setting in lol. If I can clear my sidewalks with just a broom, even better. 

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, cperry29 said:

We’ve tracked this storm for so long if I squeak out an inch I’ll be happy. Model fatigue may be setting in lol. If I can clear my sidewalks with just a broom, even better. 

When we get to the actual start of the event, I always enjoy looking at the first couple pages of the thread to see where it started to where we actually are now. Good times to be had there lol

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

3 minutes ago, easton229 said:

When we get to the actual start of the event, I always enjoy looking at the first couple pages of the thread to see where it started to where we actually are now. Good times to be had there lol

I do that too! It’s like reminiscing! I did that yesterday actually. Quite a journey with this storm. 

• Meteorologist
3 minutes ago, RobB said:

RAP enjoys being a tease IMBY 🙂

image.thumb.png.8ac65502b946b57777616c077267e6c3.png

I'll share one of my winter secrets... the RAP handles winter weather well. I really enjoy using it as a sanity check vs other guidance.

If the RAP is happy about a solution - I wouldn't throw it out.