December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

10 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

@Ohiobuckeye45 watch this…

good video, a coastal would come in the form of a secondary either way which those don't impact us at all anyways, because its OUR primary which gives them the coastal secondary.  I'm more concerned  about the modeling currently as per his commentary and where hes drawn the tough in this screenshot. So hes open to the idea of where currently non GFS modeling is, thats my concern. I would love the GFS, but its clearly being called out as an outlier

Capture.JPG

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

that doesn't make sense to me given the GFS is the only model even showing any digging, I hear what hes saying....but outside the GFS, its an entirely different setup. I would have liked for him to have mentioned any other model in addition to the GFS and give his thoughts on what those are doing and why he thinks in time they might look more like the GFS

I got the impression he's putting all his eggs in the GFS basket and just ticking west with it, when all the other models are already 600 miles west 

His analysis of the GFS makes 100% sense

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

that doesn't make sense to me given the GFS is the only model even showing any digging, I hear what hes saying....but outside the GFS, its an entirely different setup. I would have liked for him to have mentioned any other model in addition to the GFS and give his thoughts on what those are doing and why he thinks in time they might look more like the GFS

Agreed.  I believe he tends to stick more with the GFS and Euro as his models of choice.  May make mention of the others when they agree with the other two.  Who knows though.

1 minute ago, RobB said:

Agreed.  I believe he tends to stick more with the GFS and Euro as his models of choice.  May make mention of the others when they agree with the other two.  Who knows though.

That’s valid. He sometimes discusses the Canadian, but will not look at the UK, icon, etc.  that being said, he’s usually spot on about winter systems - and he’s bullish on this. 

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, RobB said:

Yeah he often says “there’s too many models!” Lol He keeps it pretty simple which I appreciate.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

• Meteorologist

The GFS isn't as far off as it may seem. I think the other models are doing better with the initial digging, but where it becomes a toss up is how quickly the cold pushes eastward, if that is too slow on the other models then we'll see the storm run up the Apps instead of cut further west like the ICON and UK have.

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

dumpster diving and looks like the KMA is a coastal. And let me be clear I will 1,000% take a coastal miss over a MW miss, because it means no annual Christmas rain we've become accustomed to

image.thumb.png.856e176cfcdfc0bb5e3a1eae9b0a64e9.png

I’ve sworn off the KMA. Burned us too many times last year lol. 

4 hours ago, Ingyball said:

Lol not sure why I'm having so many problems quoting on mobile, but anyways I like to see those surface lows in Oklahoma. Would expect them farther south, but it does mean something closer to the GFS is starting to be picked up. Quite the flip on the EPS tho.

I've been having trouble with that too