December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Ridiculous at this point 😂😂. NAM went almost snow cancel for me and GFS says 4.5 inches… all on the day of the storm🤦🏽‍♂️. I’m gonna go with the lower totals and just be pleasantly surprised if the GFS is right. 

• LIKE 4
  • TROPHY 1

26 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

Ridiculous at this point 😂😂. NAM went almost snow cancel for me and GFS says 4.5 inches… all on the day of the storm🤦🏽‍♂️. I’m gonna go with the lower totals and just be pleasantly surprised if the GFS is right. 

I generally stop model watching day of the storm ..it’s already started …it’s nowcasting from here on out imo

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

But I'll get what I hope to be a unique experience tomorrow--0z balloon launch

That's 7PM.....so I'll look up about 7:10-7:15 to see if I can see it.

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators

In looking at the hazards map for the US, lots of hazards out there.   But I think Scott is double counting since some locations are under multiple hazards.  Google says US, including Alaska, has 9.1 million sq km.   In any event, its a coast to coast event.

image.png.572cbe00a3088de1ac2e0cbc8844efe5.png

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1

DTX’s graphic has increased totals for all of the area. Wonder if they’re buying into the GFS a little bit?

Edit: Looking at the graphic from yesterday, totals haven’t increased everywhere. It seems like it’s just more balanced and not as sharp of a cutoff in the south.

9A53A254-77A1-4AC2-A5F0-5D5D966220F8.png

Edited by easton229
  • LIKE 2

1 hour ago, easton229 said:

DTX’s graphic has increased totals for all of the area. Wonder if they’re buying into the GFS a little bit?

Edit: Looking at the graphic from yesterday, totals haven’t increased everywhere. It seems like it’s just more balanced and not as sharp of a cutoff in the south.

9A53A254-77A1-4AC2-A5F0-5D5D966220F8.png

Yup, I’m just outside that 8-10” swath in the thumb and it was a little bigger/more chunky yesterday.

They also upped the wind forecast from 55 to 60mph. I’m amazed they haven’t pulled the trigger on a blizzard warning yet with forecasted winds that high and as much snow as we’re getting. 

I mean they’re gonna have to right? What would be stopping them at this point??

Edited by Pros3lyte
  • LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

No one, wants to pull the trigger on a blizzard warning unless they are very sure of it happening. The public can be very cruel when those types of warnings bust. Heck, Mets get heckled to death if they miscast a dang thunderstorm!

I kind of don’t blame them and this storm is super tricky, too.  

• LIKE 1
  • TROPHY 1

9 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

No one, wants to pull the trigger on a blizzard warning unless they are very sure of it happening. The public can be very cruel when those types of warnings bust. Heck, Mets get heckled to death if they miscast a dang thunderstorm!

I kind of don’t blame them and this storm is super tricky, too.  

And SEMI is prolly the biggest question mark area of this entire storm. 50 miles in either direction for the low has huge implications.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Yup, I’m just outside that 8-10” death in the thumb and it was a little bigger/more chunky yesterday.

They also upped the wind forecast from 55 to 60mph. I’m amazed they haven’t pulled the trigger on a blizzard warning yet with forecasted winds that high and as much snow as we’re getting. 

I mean they’re gonna have to right? What would be stopping them at this point??

Assuming your in the DTX area, they talk about in their discussion.  Here's just the intro....

-Blizzard conditions are possible Friday afternoon and evening resulting in whiteout conditions at times, but confidence remains low in verifiable blizzard criteria (see details below).

• LIKE 1