December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

UK

uk.png

Ukie with a nice 3 inches at 10:1… can’t be mad as just last night and earlier yesterday it was bleak city with that model.

maybe the models are trying to trend towards what the GFS is showing now?? Not sure though. Euro will let me know as it came it better earlier as well.

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The price to pay for Christmas snow cost the entire month of December's winter so this better perform. See you all in thr A.M. and probably a late night euro sneak peek

Yea doubt we see anything again until mid January at the best 

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The price to pay for Christmas snow cost the entire month of December's winter so this better perform. See you all in thr A.M. and probably a late night euro sneak peek

Mine is a late night 6z sneak peek as im usually still up for Euro and I’ll probably be up for a second around 5am when my wife is getting ready for work.

wind chill -59

Hettinger, 29 knots (33.3 mph), heavy snow, 1/4 mile visibility, -30.6 degrees C, (equals -23 degrees F), peak wind 43 knots (49.4 mph)

METAR: KHEI 220453Z AUTO 30029G40KT 1/4SM +SN VV003 M31/M34 A3031 RMK AO2 PK WND 29043/0427 UPB05E16SNE05B16 SLP363 P0000 T13061339

wind chill minus 59.jpg

Edited by Chinook
  • SHOCKED 1
  • SHIVERING 4

I’ve spent way too much time tracking this storm over the last week lol. Hope it over performs for everyone on the forum. It looks like models have trended back a bit stronger or at least higher QPF so it’s a good final shift before the precip starts to move in.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

13 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

We had a report of brief ~57 mph winds with the cold front in the Oklahoma panhandle.

Also... this is heading my way

j7BsYru.png

Its been amazing to me the temperatures we are seeing with this thing. Definitely one of the more impressive storms from the past few years and we aren't even seeing impacts in our area yet.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, ak9971 said:

Its been amazing to me the temperatures we are seeing with this thing. Definitely one of the more impressive storms from the past few years and we aren't even seeing impacts in our area yet.

I'm kinda sad I'm not working the midnight shift so I could watch the temps plummet/pressure skyrocket. But I'll get what I hope to be a unique experience tomorrow--0z balloon launch with -15 to -20 wind chill.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

I'm kinda sad I'm not working the midnight shift so I could watch the temps plummet/pressure skyrocket. But I'll get what I hope to be a unique experience tomorrow--0z balloon launch with -15 to -20 wind chill.

I'm sure that will be really cool to experience!

• LIKE 2

Looks good, but snowfall amounts are definitely not matching the GFS and other models. It appears the main reason for this is the Euro takes the low well up into Canada while other models are doing the sit and spin in Michigan. This is going to be really interesting to see how this shakes out about 20h from now where I'm located.

Dryer than 12z for sure 🤷🏾‍♂️ can’t call in. GFS might really be trolling. Gonna keep an eye on those short term models for the morning. Gonna go to bed now though. See what last minutes changes can happen (hopefully good).