December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I had to look it up myself, i wasnt sure what the difference between snow depth and positive snow depth change was

Screenshot_20221221_225417_Chrome.jpg

Good idea!  We all no that snow amounts (Like we could even measure it accurately) will likely not be of much import with this storm.  Don't want to be caught out in it!

9 hours ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

I don’t recommend leaving Thursday night into Friday AM.  That’s when the front is going to pass through with intense snowfall.  Realistically, you’d be better to leave earlier on Thursday or later Friday

I appreciate your comments.  Right now, leaning towards leaving NYC tomorrow around 1:00 pm.  Should give us enough time to beat the squall to central Ohio at what looks to be 12-1 am tomorrow night.  By waiting until Friday midday, we would be driving through 30-50 mph winds most of the way which doesn't sound like fun.  Would likely avoid that squall line, but I greatly fear going off the road at -30 wind chill for even a few minutes.  

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

22 minutes ago, polarvortex said:

I appreciate your comments.  Right now, leaning towards leaving NYC tomorrow around 1:00 pm.  Should give us enough time to beat the squall to central Ohio at what looks to be 12-1 am tomorrow night.  By waiting until Friday midday, we would be driving through 30-50 mph winds most of the way which doesn't sound like fun.  Would likely avoid that squall line, but I greatly fear going off the road at -30 wind chill for even a few minutes.  

Very smart!  I think this is an excellent plan! 

• THUMBS UP 1