December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

6 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Bernie can't see N IN, S MI and N OH not ending up with Bliz Warnings.

6 minutes ago, Jeffro said:

Bernie thinks blizzard from i70 to i80 from Indianapolis to the PA line from what I could see in his blurry stream. 

should be interesting. 

Going by the criteria, I totally agree

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Going by the criteria, I totally agree

When he said that, I was thinking of your prior post when you circled that area.

Several questions about the Dayton/Cincy area....Rob....Junior....was that you?  🙂

Just now, Hiramite said:

When he said that, I was thinking of your prior post when you circled that area.

Several questions about the Dayton/Cincy area....Rob....Junior....was that you?  🙂

It was not me 🙂

• THINKING 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Jeffro said:

Bernie thinks blizzard from i70 to i80 from Indianapolis to the PA line from what I could see in his blurry stream. 

should be interesting. 

I tried cleaning my glasses....still didn't help.

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Any phone with a decent connection from the last 5 years should be better than what he’s got going on. 

That reminds me, I’ll have to fire up my webcam tomorrow. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

23 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

For those SREF Plume purists...

SREF's continue to bounce around with a big spread in the individual members (low confidence).  Hopefully things settled down and tighten up tomorrow.

21Z SREF update.(also includes, 15Z, 21Z,  3Z, 9Z)

Toledo- 5.9/4.6/x/x   Clev-8.9/6.6/x/x   Akron/Canton-4.0/2.7/x/x   Y-town-4.4/2.8/x/x  

Marion (N.of C-bus)-4.8/3.4/x/x   Columbus- 2.5/1.8/x/x   Sidney OH- 4.5/3.9/x/x  

Dayton(N)- 2.9/3.3/x/x   Hamilton (N.Cincy)- 2.0/2.5/x/x  Mt.Vernon OH- 5.9/3.6/x/x 

Detroit (Lions!)- 7.1/5.6/x/x   Indy- 5.7/6.0/x/x    Fort Wayne, IN- 7.8/6.7/x/x

Pittsburgh- 1.0/1.0/x/x   Covington KY- 2.0/2.5/x/x   St. Louis – 6.6/6.7/x/x   

Columibia MO- 7.9/6.9/x/x    Peoria- 9.8/7.3/x/x    Springfield IL- 8.5/7.3/x/x     

Chicago (ORD)- 10.8/9.2/x/x

Wichita- 2.3/1.7/x/x    Twin Cities- 13.1/6.5/x/x      Marquette- 22.2/22.3/x/x     

Springfield MO same as what I had? 

7 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Many Twitter Live streams have been bad quality recently.  Think it is an issue on Twitter itself.....Common complaint lately.

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffro said:

Any phone with a decent connection from the last 5 years should be better than what he’s got going on. 

That reminds me, I’ll have to fire up my webcam tomorrow. 

Many Twitter Live streams have been bad quality recently.  Think it is an issue on Twitter itself.....Common complaint lately.

10 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Nope 😂

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Meteorologist

So a couple of days ago I went back and looked at our near blizzard last year which had winds of 30 to 35 sustained and a peak gust of 45 here in Wichita. We had recorded 0.32" of QPF and 6" of snow for a snow ratio of 18.75-1 so even with strong winds you can still get high ratios in the right setup. Kuchera is likely still over doing it so I've been doing a rough 15-1 to 20-1 in my head.

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 2
  • LOVE 1