December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Somewhat alarming that we are 24hrs away and we still really have no idea how bad this will be

Not sure that is totally accurate.   For most the “bad” was always going to be the flash freeze, wind, and extreme cold.  With all that on the table is 2-5 inches any all that different than 6-8?  

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

2 minutes ago, RadioWX said:

Not sure that is totally accurate.   For most the “bad” was always going to be the flash freeze, wind, and extreme cold.  With all that on the table is 2-5 inches any all that different than 6-8?  

🤘

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

This seems more realistic than the GFS. It’s not like we have a ton of moisture to work with, and I really feel that it’s going to dry up quick once it tracks through. 

Hope I’m wrong though 

I agree. However, the Euro and GFS are showing larger totals. 

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

This seems more realistic than the GFS. It’s not like we have a ton of moisture to work with, and I really feel that it’s going to dry up quick once it tracks through. 

Hope I’m wrong though 

Just sticking with 1 to 2 here. 3 or so to my northwest. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

They may not want to cause a mass panic, maybe issue it in the middle of the night and when those who panic over Blizzard Warnings wake up, it's already too dangerous to go outside and shop.

That's not a good reason to not issue a blizzard warning. Most likely they're just uncertain on quarter mile or less visibities. The criteria requires both and it can be hard to get that quarter mile visibility for a prolonged period.

Edited by Ingyball
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 4

7 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

That's not a good reason to not issue a blizzard warning. Most likely they're just uncertain on quarter mile or less visibities. The criteria requires both and it can be hard to get that quarter mile visibility for a prolonged period.

Could not figure out the actual reason, it's the visibility criteria now. Maybe increase to 1/2 mile?