December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Last 5 runs of the GEFS...Notable cluster emerging in southern Indiana as opposed to the far north cluster that has slowly eroded. If that southern cluster turns out to be the correct track, I'd think it would make its way up the I-71 corridor & make things pretty interesting for the NW half of Ohio. The ULL basically follows that same path as well. 

gefs.gif

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • FIRE 1
  • LOVE 2

Ross Ellet from 13ABC released an update a few minutes ago. Sounds like 3-4” is his latest thinking for Toledo. Mentioning 1)Wind 2)cold and 3) snow in that order are the threats. So really nothing new on the update, but it seems that he’s not buying the higher amounts GFS shows. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Gerb131 said:

hoping for a wwa out of pbz next update surrounded currently 

how come I don’t have a fancy supporter tag lol

If you, or anyone else donated and you don't have the tag. Message me and I'll take care of it.  It's not automated, and you can't always tell.

• LOVE 1

19 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Last 5 runs of the GEFS...Notable cluster emerging in southern Indiana as opposed to the far north cluster that has slowly eroded. If that southern cluster turns out to be the correct track, I'd think it would make its way up the I-71 corridor & make things pretty interesting for the NW half of Ohio. The ULL basically follows that same path as well. 

gefs.gif

Notice the stronger coastal - one of the reasons this thing is moisture starved.. Oh well.. I just hope whatever snow we get can last until Sunday.

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Well, it definitely won't melt. I guess it could all blow away though! 😂

I agree. The sun angle is probably around its lowest this time of year so melt/evaporation should be minimal and instantly glacier up anyways with these temps. 

5 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

It's probably just shy of a Blizzard Warning for now.

Based on the criteria, why?

Blizzard Warnings are issued for frequent gusts greater than or equal to 35 mph accompanied by falling and/or blowing snow, frequently reducing visibility to less than a quarter mile for three hours or more

Edited by MesoscaleBanding

Paducah NWS added this in its discussion:

"Our latest snowfall forecast comes in close to 2 inches most areas for snowfall, give or take. Could be a little less or a little more. When we looked at hourly rates in the models and compared that to residence time, these forecast amounts seem reasonable. Some of the deterministic guidance is higher, and that is somewhat concerning. But given the system speed, not sure we can crank out quite that much QPF. We will see. Ratios will rapidly get higher as the cold air deepens, which will help."

So they are sticking with advisory by splitting the dry hi-resolution models this morning with the deterministic models. If I were a betting man I'd say 0z hi-resolution will have more qpf than 12z.  I'm not saying that they'll have as much as the deterministic models but that they will increase from their 12Z output. It's quiet common.  If I'm wrong it won't be the 1st time.

• LIKE 5