December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

5 minutes ago, MidwestWX said:

Exactly. It's very easy to under estimate impacts from a deterministic standpoint. It's also important to remember we're human too. 

Look, I'm not blaming you.

In Central Ohio, plenty of people pay no attention to the weather until they get that alert on their phone for a watch or a warning from the NWS. Considering the conditions could be life threatening if the power goes out, and considering 50-60 mph winds we've known about for days, it seems like they might've wanted to make the blissfully unaware aware, a couple days ago.

Even AEP, our local power company put out an alert two days ago that power might go out and they'll do their best to get it back on....but it might take time.....=life threatening. I'd call that "impact driven".  I appreciate everything the NWS does. Just think this warranted public attention earlier than today in Central Ohio.

Edited by Blitz
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 hours ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Nobody better be driving ANYWHERE when that line comes through. Mylanta.

Supposed to be driving home from Roanoke Friday. We may wait until Saturday but it could still be nasty then too 

• LIKE 1

On 12/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, CIWeather said:

Currently in NYC and live near Columbus OH in Fairfield County.  Booked trip months ago and couldn’t change.  Originally supposed to leave NYC on Friday pm.  Clearly, that seems like a bad idea.  What’s everyone’s best guess on timing for the squall line in central and eastern Ohio?  Debating leaving Thursday night to get home by 4-6 a.m. to central Ohio.  Think that is too late?  Appreciate all of the weather info and guidance on this site!

1 minute ago, polarvortex said:

Currently in NYC and live near Columbus OH in Fairfield County.  Booked trip months ago and couldn’t change.  Originally supposed to leave NYC on Friday pm.  Clearly, that seems like a bad idea.  What’s everyone’s best guess on timing for the squall line in central and eastern Ohio?  Debating leaving Thursday night to get home by 4-6 a.m. to central Ohio.  Think that is too late?  Appreciate all of the weather info and guidance on this site!

I believe I saw a graphic for 2-4am Friday morning.

2 minutes ago, polarvortex said:

I don’t recommend leaving Thursday night into Friday AM.  That’s when the front is going to pass through with intense snowfall.  Realistically, you’d be better to leave earlier on Thursday or later Friday

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

• Admin
6 minutes ago, polarvortex said:

I would not chance driving here at that time.. I agree you'd be better off delaying if you can.

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

5 minutes ago, NeXrad said:

And still no WSW for a majority of the state there must have been a changing of the guard at Louisville NWS they used to be one of best in the nation 

they did issue that wind chill watch ... so at least we know there's someone in the office today, LOL 

Edited by ceciliaky
  • LAUGH 2