December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

1 hour ago, Ingyball said:

I'm getting big time Christmas 2004 vibes with this setup and I think we could see something similar. However I could see both storms shifted a bit further south and east. 

StormTrackNWSSpringfield.gif

xmassnow04.png

That’s what I mentioned on an earlier post…we had anywhere from 5-8 inches of wind driven snow and ice here in Louisville much higher totals just north of here ..temps bottomed out near 0 which just solidified everything  into a block of ice for days 

Edited by NeXrad
  • LIKE 1

actually the whole setup is better depicted on the MSLP anomoly maps...the GFS actually does take on a Miller B look still but its just so extremely weak in its trek from the PAC NW to the OV that it acts more like a clipper. Hard for a system to ramp up with HP eating away at it the entire time

image.thumb.png.2ba9c3e5f97790b5fe03c6b3ab70d9dc.png

The ECM on the other hand, does have a much stronger system but it does not come from residual energy from Texas/Plains, it comes nearly due east from the Rockies before transferring

image.thumb.png.c4241301c0c4776fb82cd02aca31ad97.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Yup, not buying the Euro's track, not only is it likely too slow with the push if the surface high (1058 for Pete's sake) but the way the low just slips under what will be a fast moving pool of cold air is wrong, that storm is going to get shoved down the eastern Rockies before it kicks out. 

1671205373384.gif

Edited by Ingyball

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

Our east coast friends are going to be going nuts with this run.  

they are set up to go 2/2 and probably 3/3 with the miller A after this one, we're left begging for scraps

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1