December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

but HOW it gets to that solution is what's different, no other model shows the backside swinging in for Ohio 

One thing to keep in mind is that while we look at hi-resolution models remember that they're perform best inside 24hrs. They can bite you if yiu lean heavily on them outside of that. Tonight's 0z & morning 12z Hi-resolution will be more reliable. But noting trends on RAP & HRRR are at least very helpful. 

I say that to say I would not let today's 12z hi-resolution models lead us to disregard the 12z GFS. Obviously I would not say it's correct either but can't disregard. 

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

but HOW it gets to that solution is what's different, no other model shows the backside swinging in for Ohio 

Very true. HRRR hints at it in the last frame but it cuts off 18z should be here in a few hours and we will see which direction it goes on that front. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

NWS Indianapolis

@NWSIndianapolis

·

6m

We cannot stress the severity of the forecast wind chills from this weekend's winter storm enough. Wind chills near the currently forecast -30 degrees for durations of 8+ hours are climatologically rare. Avoid prolonged periods outside through the weekend and dress warm. #INwx

image.png.9c85a54ddc86334e8156c6686b3ea1f6.png

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1

1 minute ago, StormfanaticInd said:

It's crazy to be this close to a storm like this and still have major disagreements in the models. What a nightmare 

It means that I could get the Blizzard, even though the chances are very slim, I must stay vigilant just in case this storm system decides to repeat Christmas 2009.

• SHIVERING 1

this is the wild card for OH, this is all completely not associated with the frontal passage itself and more the upper level low possibly and/or wind off the lakes as the low stalls over the thumb

floop-gfs-2022122112.prateptype_cat.us_mw.gif

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

Before the lake driven stuff really fires off we’re still looking at 4”+ in W. Ohio and more amp’d totals in Indiana. Very interesting, but a lot of the high totals later are from the low sitting in Michigan and it pulling snows from the lakes. image.thumb.png.f0258431405225aaf6b297c53b5016d6.png

Edited by ak9971
Clarification
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1