December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

5 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Thanks for posting. 
my boss is telling employees his phone app says “no snow, only some rain,  and all weather people just say this crap to get people all worked up 

Good grief 

There will also be people that say this storm is no big deal because it is only 3-4 inches.   Not everyone takes the time to learn the details and risks, unfortunately.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

It looks like the central 50% or 55% of the country has a watch, warning or advisory right now.

On a side note, I wish you could toggle on/off different types of watches/warnings/advisories. Some of the Plains has had a wind chill warning hiding the winter storm watch. There used to be a web page that could do that.

nwshaz.conus3.png

anybody not in a warning.jpg

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

I mean it’s not on an island anymore, HRRR and RAP are both now supporting widespread 4” solutions but I still have my doubts and done want to get too excited for reasons Ohiobuckeye listed earlier. 

The Euro isn't bad either.

5 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

What is your take on all of this?

I still would not take any model run today as gospel. I don't expect massive changes but there's lots of questions on where SLP deepens & precip amounts.

Those 2 unknowns can have big ramifications. Besides those 2 things the overall general expected evolution of the system shouldn't change much. Notice I said general to account for unknown details on the 2 things I mentioned. 

Edited by Grace
  • LIKE 2

4 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

I mean it’s not on an island anymore, HRRR and RAP are both now supporting widespread 4” solutions but I still have my doubts and done want to get too excited for reasons Ohiobuckeye listed earlier. 

but HOW it gets to that solution is what's different, no other model shows the backside swinging in for Ohio