December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

34 minutes ago, OSUWx2 said:

Greetings fellow GL/OV’ers! Nice to see everyone back, in “mid-season form”, for the winter season 😂. I am onboard for whatever Mother Nature gives us as I just started tracking yesterday as I spent the last 2 weeks visiting small towns in snowy, cold Switzerland, Germany, and France (see below 😬). Happy tracking to all and may we all get snow for a white Christmas!

8EF1F861-1828-4277-BFB8-709E5F81819F.jpeg

26039D92-5E6A-418F-9E85-A39BCEDFF77C.jpeg

Wowwww

super cool!!!

• THANKS 1

6 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

These "smoothed out" blanket solutions the 3KM HRRR RAP are showing would be awesome to see verify, at that point its 100% reliance on frontal precip and everyone gets it. I'm still just Slightly skeptical bc how vicious dry air of that magnitude is which will be on the heels of QPF closely

Some GEFS members show nothing as do some of the EPS members....so with this west to east blanket of snow moving east...makes you wonder 🤔. Keeping me a little hesitant on 2-4" solutions

download (4).png

download (5).png

• Admin
1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Some GEFS members show nothing as do some of the EPS members....so with this west to east blanket of snow moving east...makes you wonder 🤔. Keeping me a little hesitant on 2-4" solutions

download (4).png

download (5).png

I'll have an order of e20 with the GFS and e17 on the Euro, please, k, thanks, bye. LOL.

• LAUGH 1

8 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Nobody better be driving ANYWHERE when that line comes through. Mylanta.

For Indy, what time would you say?

My boss thinks Friday is “no

big deal”!!! 😨

I told him my car will be frozen shut so I’ll need a ride for work. No way will my little G6 be on the road Friday. 

Or tomorrow if I can help it. I’m off, going to doctor then home. 

Edited by Indygirl

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

download (4).png

download (5).png

Yeah it makes me not want to jump the gun on it either. It is a new trend and we will see which one wins out ultimately but we’ve seen a drying trend for the past 2 days so hard to believe we would swing back the other direction considering the setup. 

• LIKE 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

big deal”!!! 😨

I told him my car will be frozen shut so I’ll need a ride for work. No way will my little G6 be on the road Friday. 

For Indy, the main line looks to hit between 8p-10p on Thursday night (if I'm reading models correct lol). Your boss can come get you in his snowmobile, then, lol.

• THUMBS UP 1

19 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

big deal”!!! 😨

I believe 6pm or so...from what I've seen from local Mets!

• LIKE 1

18 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

For Indy, the main line looks to hit between 8p-10p on Thursday night (if I'm reading models correct lol). Your boss can come get you in his snowmobile, then, lol.

Yep. In his big suv! 
….he’s done that before several times. I’m only ten minutes away from him 

33 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

6z ecm

index (43).png

index (42).png

Do you by chance have the 06z euro with kuchera? It looks to have increased totals for me from 00z. That coupled with WPC putting me in the 70% for 4” on day 3 makes me think there actually might be the chance for back end snow if we don’t get dry slotted.

6 minutes ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Do you by chance have the 06z euro with kuchera? It looks to have increased totals for me from 00z. That coupled with WPC putting me in the 70% for 4” on day 3 makes me think there actually might be the chance for back end snow if we don’t get dry slotted.

I only have kuchera in 12/00z

• THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Thanks for posting. 
my boss is telling employees his phone app says “no snow, only some rain,  and all weather people just say this crap to get people all worked up 

Good grief 

I am not saying he is, but he may be right.  I think it is still irresponsible given the winds and cold.

• LIKE 1

1 hour ago, NWsnowhio said:

I see the CLE pulled the trigger on Winter Storm Watch for multiple hazards, including 2-4" of snow.

Guess they were just waiting on Ole Blizzard Bill to confirm that his call of 2-4" (made around Noon Monday) was indeed the way to go.

I know he's right nearly every time, but yet I still watch all the model runs. Oh the sleep this dude would save me if I only listened...

BlizzardBill.jpeg.42b85231af0f2dc70784c8f2564b787b.jpeg

Old school forecasting wins again!👍

• THUMBS UP 1

13 minutes ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Here ya go.

image.thumb.png.35593237c71e1057817f6c4fea166f27.png

• LIKE 1