December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

50 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Many of us makes comments regarding the weather in our own backyard. Thus, it would be helpful to the rest of us that your location is included in your profile description. Granted the location isn't readily apparent on phones, but it still can be obtained by clicking on one's profile pic.  If you don't want to include your nearest city, consider something like Central OH or NW Indiana, etc.  I think I know where @Indygirl is located. 😃

I don't know if every device is the same, but here is how my two devices are set-up:

Laptop: Click on your name then 'Profile' then 'Account Settings' in top right of your background photo.

Phone: Click on the menu bar symbol, 'Account' and 'Profile' then the "cog" in top right of your background photo.

Thanks!

(View of my laptop, "Account Settings" doesn't show up on my phone)

image.png.947d07e98b6194352920416102095400.png

Great idea, lol! ( yes, my account name says it all 🙂😜…..)

• LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, GRR said:

image.png.1786a3de45a10d507f4415db7cb60852.png

This closely models the HRRR from a few hours ago minus the lake effect enhancement which I’m assuming they’re taking from the globals. 12z is getting ready to run for it so I will post again to see the full event and note any changes. 

• LIKE 1

10 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

Would they have it any other way? I’m sorry, 0.7” in Cincinnati? 

Don’t worry they’ll post a WSW after the criteria has already been met well into an event. I think it’s hilarious when they do that. 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 2
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators

How many people have "trash night" Thursday night / Friday morning? (me)   It might be a good time to get rid of any old concrete blocks or bricks you have laying around.

• LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Hiramite said:

How many people have "trash night" Thursday night / Friday morning? (me)   It might be a good time to get rid of any old concrete blocks or bricks you have laying around.

Yep...I definitely do.  I tend to lay down any trash cans with sealed lids on its back when expecting winds.

• LIKE 2

4 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Thankfully we put ours out tonight. 

• LIKE 1

HRRR takes forever on these long range runs but I have noticed now that we’re around hour 23 that the low has been making it’s way down into N. Texas versus S. OK from globals yesterday/day before. Looked at 6z globals and it shows a similar path now so wonder if that trend continues 🤔8C097CE6-82C9-4CAC-8202-59039F836BC0.thumb.png.bdca43f3775aff2d9d866d645fea54fc.png

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
1 hour ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

I think the storm track is actually the issue for farther south. This is the elusive triple-phase situation with 1.) The low over Green Bay/Lake Superior being the arctic low (drives cold air south of the low), 2.) the low over the Chesapeake the subtropical Atlantic low (brings deep moisture), and 3.) the low on the OH/IN border being the Pacific/Gulf low (brings strong winds that deliver cold air). As long as these pieces are separate neither #2 nor #3 will have what it takes for widespread heavy snow and #1 is primarily producing fluffy snow instead of 'heavy' snow so the impacts aren't the same. 

1496252413_12-2100zEPSTriplephase.thumb.png.086805ca10b0f12d44d46e5e0600f772.png

The storm track wouldn't be an issue if the mid-level trough had shifted south with it. All in all the low levels look pretty good on soundings which leads to freezing drizzle but we don't have the upper support for snow till late in the game.

• Meteorologist
1 hour ago, Hiramite said:

Updated wide view snow maps for the "eastern" locals.

@IngyballDoes the Central NWS produce regional maps?  They don't show up for me.

image.png

We do locally but I'm not sure where to find an area wide map like that.

• THANKS 1

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

I get the feeling on the snow side of things there is going to be some major disappointment for a lot of people in Indiana and Ohio.

Perhaps, especially depending on expectations. I expect maybe 1 to 2 here. Even if I see zero, it was only a 2 inch bust overall 😜

• LIKE 1

9 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Same for me.. I'm taking my trash over to a relatives house tonight to be picked up in the morning. I have no desire to chase down my garbage bin Friday Morning!

• LIKE 1

20 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

It’s Wednesdays for our neighborhood thankfully. 

• LIKE 1