December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

I would gladly take that ILX mentioned when it comes ratios looking at around 14:1 was the average

Sounds much more reasonable than what models are struggling with, I just took a random county output in C IL from the RGEM showing .28 frozen and kuchera showing more than 20:1 to 6.1", 15:1 is an easier Calcualtion than 14:1 though haha

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Really weird. Could it be an elevation thing? The glacial ridge in SE MI in Oakland county does stuff like that alot

2 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Yeah that was the thought earlier. Not sure though given the freezing cold temps. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Temps are around 10 degrees at that hour 57.  It seems the model is slow to transition to snow (based on it's 2m temps) along the entire length of Ohio, but really slow in that area.

• THINKING 1

I know it's probably too early for the sref plumes as they could/more than likely will go down. But mine are sitting at 3-1/2 inches at the moment. So whatever snow we get is gonna be hard to measure so I'll measure bare ground and a 6 inch drift. Then call it 3 inches if we get enough snow. 😂

Screenshot_20221220-220549.png

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, snowlover2 said:

Pretty crazy how most models are showing a squall line type feature at the changeover.

96869768-e965-491d-9982-ac43e2b6cf01.gif

And all of our accumulation comes for that squall basically and I’m sure we’ll changeover right away and get exactly what it says because we’ve never had to worry about changing over in time 😂😂

26 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

00z ICON really sticking to its guns on having the low cross through Central Ohio. Even a touch south this run, but totals are pretty low but spreads the wealth among everyone. 701551583_13-kmICONSnowfallSnowfall93.thumb.png.516e589abf8c29610fc05c2d801b8dac.png1348532149_13-kmICONMidAtlanticMSLP2100z.gif.a73c7aee806580e9b7f98231848edec5.gif

Watch this be right and I only get an inch just a day or so with double digits in reach. Crazy weather