December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I seriously hope that doesn't play out for Franklin County. What the crap.

there's been the same varying hole over Louisville and Jefferson County on numerous runs ...I'm taking it as some dumb glitch

• LIKE 1

53 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I seriously hope that doesn't play out for Franklin County. What the crap.

Mother Nature lost her ass betting the Buckeyes and Wolverines this year. It is pretty obvious where she played her chips. 😂 

Edited by beaver56

it might not even matter because the GFS is the only one showing this much snow, but this isn't a fluke, there has to be something geographical going on, and its too misplaced to be Columbus' urban heat island effect, which in this scenario isn't really valid because changeover is nearly immediate.

Originally I was thinking this was an area between banding of lake enhancement....and it might actually be, but curious to hear thoughts.

This is 4 of the last 5 runs, and even the run I left out, was still on the same general page

image.png.86b85e8129667d82a1f6022d86c60292.pngimage.png.0a6355d3c2f85b7b97527341c5629906.pngimage.png.11d91adac2fe71d8baa1db72d09cfdea.pngimage.png.a6c4cb85436a7a8c081cc274c013a8bb.png

• YUCK 1

4 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

it might not even matter because the GFS is the only one showing this much snow, but this isn't a fluke, there has to be something geographical going on, and its too misplaced to be Columbus' urban heat island effect, which in this scenario isn't really valid because changeover is nearly immediate.

Originally I was thinking this was an area between banding of lake enhancement....and it might actually be, but curious to hear thoughts.

This is 4 of the last 5 runs, and even the run I left out, was still on the same general page

image.png.86b85e8129667d82a1f6022d86c60292.pngimage.png.0a6355d3c2f85b7b97527341c5629906.pngimage.png.11d91adac2fe71d8baa1db72d09cfdea.pngimage.png.a6c4cb85436a7a8c081cc274c013a8bb.png

Its simple. GFS is giving C. OH the middle finger

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, MidMichiganWx said:

DTX really holding out on issuing watches. Incredible how consistent they are at being the last ones lol

CLE still holding out as well...apparently determining the placement at this time is the issue.  From this afternoon's AFD:

"There continues to be high confidence in a multi-hazard storm system that will impact the entire forecast area from late Thursday night through Saturday night with the main hazards, in order of severity: winds, cold, and snow. Winter storm watches will be needed at some point (possibly in the overnight package), but confidence remains too low at this point to nail-down specific areas, especially given the recent northward trend of the wrap-around snow and the possible need for additional wind and/or cold headlines (either advisories or warnings)."

5 minutes ago, MidMichiganWx said:

DTX really holding out on issuing watches. Incredible how consistent they are at being the last ones lol

They mentioned earlier today given the uncertainty of the precip changeover they were going to hold off on headlines until the 0z suite. They have questions regarding how quickly rain turns to snow since SEMI will be stuck in the nose of warm air for a longer period of time. 

13 minutes ago, junior said:

Its simple. GFS is giving C. OH the middle finger

Elevation? I live in Pickaway to your south. Models do this all the time my area. Sometimes it makes a difference, sometimes not. There can be a few hundred feet difference as shown on the map.

A724592F-7F8F-434C-AFC6-3EC2D237EC93.jpegMeant to quote @Ohiobuckeye45 but you get the point.

Edited by cperry29