December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Local Detroit Met Ahmad Bajjey calling 4-8" for Wayne/Macomb/Washtenaw; notes this can change and the wind will be the big factor. 

Any Metro Detroit peeps - check him out; he's on the local CBS station down there now. Used to be up in my area - very good met that doesn't overhype things. 

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

lol, I'd like to see the other 98 models that show those kinds of amounts around here haha

He never said which model runs he was using 😂. In all seriousness I think a 2 inches is realistic with a chance to over perform in southern Ohio. With the wind it won’t matter, not like you can measure it anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Alliohiowx said:

It's been since December of 2012 since the NWS offices in Ohio have issued Blizzard Warnings. Since the amount of snow has no bearing on the Blizzard criteria, what do you all think the odds are that we end our 10 year BLIZZARDLESS DROUGHT?

I thought criteria for a Blizzard was "considerable" falling snow that reduces visibility....

• Admin
Just now, Michelle said:

I thought criteria for a Blizzard was "considerable" falling snow that reduces visibility....

Nope.

Blizzard Warnings are issued for frequent gusts greater than or equal to 35 mph accompanied by falling and/or blowing snow, frequently reducing visibility to less than a quarter mile for three hours or more. A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.

• THUMBS UP 2

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Alliohiowx said:

It's been since December of 2012 since the NWS offices in Ohio have issued Blizzard Warnings. Since the amount of snow has no bearing on the Blizzard criteria, what do you all think the odds are that we end our 10 year BLIZZARDLESS DROUGHT?

Somewhere in Ohio, good odds. Where in Ohio, who knows. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, Alliohiowx said:

I think western lakeshore counties have a shot. Chances diminish the further south and east.

2 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

Their model blend was actually fairly accurate last year. 

I don't give them much credit, but I would agree with that.  It is all the other nonsense that turns me off to them.

• THUMBS UP 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Hmm, okay. I figured it would take a bit of snow to reduce the visibility for three hours. My mistake. 😉 

It isn't the amount falling that will cause the blizzard warnings in this case.. but the strength of the wind and it whipping around anything that has fallen (at least I think).

Just now, RobB said:

Plenty of time to go but I guess I would say 1 to 3 inches of snow possible with lots of cold and good winds.....

If we had just three inches of powder to go with this wind…it’d be so damn fun to see.  Yes…I’m at the bargaining stage.  😊

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

If we had just three inches of powder to go with this wind…it’d be so damn fun to see.  Yes…I’m at the bargaining stage.  😊

I did not have to bargain too much.  Aside from those crazy nice looking snows from the 18Z GFS a few days ago, my area didn't look like it would see too crazy of snow totals.  Hopefully we get enough to enjoy the wind with!

• LIKE 1