December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Moderators

Here’s Bernie’s 20+ min video.  Summary:  He doesn’t think a EC Storm is likely.  A GLC is still on the table. But from what I can tell, he thinks those are the two extremes and the solution is probably somewhere in the middle.  He also believes it’s going to be a powerful storm wherever it hits.

Edit to add: He also threw out the CMC.

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, cloudy_jake said:

Hey guys/gals it's been awhile my last post was in March but I'm back.... My wife was sick for awhile about 4 + years she passed on April 18th from breast cancer. It was during that spring snow event we had. I took the time to find myself again and grieve with our kids. But all is well now I'm doing really well. So back to tracking weather for me. Ok back to the storm! 

I am hoping for the more spread the wealth solutions for the Christmas timeframe to make the majority of the forum happy rather than a few happy folks. I'm rooting for the euro at this point but as we all now most models will change run to run so we wait watch and ponder. 😂 If we do get any snow or brutal cold I have cameras now and a weather station too. 🙂

I'm sorry brother, I can't imagine losing a mate. You're a stronger person than most, that I can honestly say. 

I can also say, we're happy to have you back! 

• THUMBS UP 2
  • THANKS 1
  • LOVE 2

8 hours ago, cloudy_jake said:

Hey guys/gals it's been awhile my last post was in March but I'm back.... My wife was sick for awhile about 4 + years she passed on April 18th from breast cancer. It was during that spring snow event we had. I took the time to find myself again and grieve with our kids. But all is well now I'm doing really well. So back to tracking weather for me. Ok back to the storm! 

I am hoping for the more spread the wealth solutions for the Christmas timeframe to make the majority of the forum happy rather than a few happy folks. I'm rooting for the euro at this point but as we all now most models will change run to run so we wait watch and ponder. 😂 If we do get any snow or brutal cold I have cameras now and a weather station too. 🙂

I am so sorry for your loss. My sister passed away two years ago today from breast cancer. She was 35. 

• SAD 4

8 hours ago, cloudy_jake said:

I lost my fiancé to SUDEP in 2019. Hang in there. Brighter days lie ahead. 

• SAD 2
  • THANKS 2

Hmmm what times do the 0z models run if I remember correctly the gfs is at 11pm and euro is at 2am I'm a bit rusty gotta dust off the cobwebs to track this potential storm. I got a new phone I have to put all my weather links on it too... 😂

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, Hiramite said:

Here’s Bernie’s 20+ min video.  Summary:  He doesn’t think a EC Storm is likely.  A GLC is still on the table. But from what I can tell, he thinks those are the two extremes and the solution is probably somewhere in the middle.  He also believes it’s going to be a powerful storm wherever it hits.

Edit to add: He also threw out the CMC.

IMO everyone in this thread should watch this video. 

• LIKE 2

First night staying up for 0z GFS when I have to get up for work at 5am. What have I done to myself...

Anyways the 0z GFS looking similar to 18z GFS so far. The vort didn't hang back in Alaska so we will get one down the road. 

Edited by junior
  • SAD 1
  • LAUGH 4

• Admin
1 minute ago, junior said:

Ridge out west is more prominent and east, also a bit less amplified due to confluence from the ull ahead. Probably ends up east.

Where this goes will largely depend on the PNA IMO. That ridge continues like we've seen and the EC is ground zero. Either way, it's going be hard for this to cut with all the confluence showing up. 

The NAO may attempt to push onto the coast, but I just don't see it really pushing too far inland. That withstanding, a LONG way to go. 

Just some early thoughts. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

I do think the evolution of the trough on the GFS is correct, but I think it sets up further west due to how the cold air will funnel south along the western High Plains. That's why I think this storm eventually runs up the Apps

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Ingyball said:

I do think the evolution of the trough on the GFS is correct, but I think it sets up further west due to how the cold air will funnel south along the western High Plains. That's why I think this storm eventually runs up the Apps

Essentially exactly what Bernie said again tonight, in the video above. 

• THUMBS UP 2