December 22-24, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

• Meteorologist
Just now, TLChip said:

Donation fun: Since snowfall doesn’t want to show up around me yet, I’m going to donate $1 per MPH to the highest gust recorded at my local airport (RDG). 

I could get down for that. Ill use KLNS as mine and add $5 for every inch of snow I happen to receive tomorrow <-- this will be interesting.

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

6 minutes ago, so_whats_happening said:

I could get down for that. Ill use KLNS as mine and add $5 for every inch of snow I happen to receive tomorrow <-- this will be interesting.

I’ll throw $5 for any snowfall I receive tomorrow as well. 

@MDBlueridge oof heavy wet snow now + elevation/wind/ice chances? Hope everyone’s safe up there the next two days. 

• LIKE 1

14 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Donation fun: Since snowfall doesn’t want to show up around me yet, I’m going to donate $1 per MPH to the highest gust recorded at my local airport (RDG). 

Over under 45mph, I'm expecting to hear at least a few dead ash trees come down in that wind coming.

• LIKE 1

7 minutes ago, Phillyfan said:

Over under 45mph, I'm expecting to hear at least a few dead ash trees come down in that wind coming.

I’d guess over 45, my personal station is too low in a  valley. There is a close one to me on top of a ridge (not that high) but normally doubles what I see.

We got a bunch of locust trees, always sketchy seeing those skinny trees swaying.

Edited by TLChip

11 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

I would imagine what rain there is will not be enough to get rid of the snow in places like Williamsport and State College, so it should be a White Christmas in a good bit of Central PA.

Certainly hope so! We still have a solid 1, 2" of concrete under the fresh snow, from last week 

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, TLChip said:

I’d guess over 45, my personal station is too low in a  valley. There is a close one to me on top of a ridge (not that high) but normally doubles what I see.

One of these days I should put one up. I'm up a hill where leaves always blow uphill, got some protection from a bigger hill on the south. Fingers crossed the electric doesn't go out, but with Met Ed it's almost always a guarantee to go out.

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
5 minutes ago, TLChip said:

We got a bunch of locust trees, always sketchy seeing those skinny trees swaying.

Im expecting a random gust to 50 from this but should see sustained 20-30mph most of tomorrow. If we can mix out well we could get to about 35-40 sustained for a bit

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, TLChip said:

I'll do OXC - should be good for $40 or so.

• THUMBS UP 1

40 minutes ago, Brodozer1 said:

closing schools in ct for friday storm closings 

because local news making a big deal out of a rainstorm lmao  

They’re worried about flash freezing! 🤣

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, TLChip said:

My PWS saw its highest speed of 9mph during Isais which knocked over 14 trees on my property.  Highest wind so far in 2022 was 22mph.

• LAUGH 1

35 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Certainly hope so! We still have a solid 1, 2" of concrete under the fresh snow, from last week 

Yeah, in your case I definitely can't imagine all of that melting away in less than 24 hours unless it got up to like 50. I feel like I have to hope for a miracle here 😔

4 minutes ago, Burr said:

They’re worried about flash freezing! 🤣

I mean, I would also I would imagine many schools we're just going to do a half day tomorrow anyway, so would it really be worth having everyone go to school on a day where I would imagine little if anything productive will be done?

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Snow is now changing to Rain and should transition completely within the next hour or so, as indicated by the current radar. We sit at 34 degrees at the Greater Hazleton Airport. 

About 2 3/4 Inches has fallen here in Harleigh, near Hazleton.❄️🦖

-vy05t8.jpg

Screenshot_20221222-130115.png

• LIKE 5
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1
  • LOVE 1