December 22-24, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators

So while at work last night, one of the kids let the dog out and the storm door (a nice Larson) didn't fully latch....got ripped right out of the trim and completely mangled. Came home in a blizzard to that....so just some minor puffs of wind...and yes...I could kill them...and no....neither are fessing up

Currently 49F after topping at 51F. Can see a few patches of lawn again

Edited by telejunkie
  • SAD 1
  • WOW 1
  • FACEPALM 1

Down 16 degrees in two hours.

On and off snow showers have dusted things up just a touch. The roads (side road at least) and sidewalks are visibly icy/dusty with snow. Besides power outages, havent seen reports of road issues, yet.

Screenshot_20221223-112938_Chrome.jpg

• SHIVERING 2

Different way of looking at temperatures at different heights. Look at the winds change and the rapid drop, cold air crashing down to the surface?

image.thumb.png.3f9336ff29e68b4465080b635588ad7c.png

Welcome, and what a great first post!

2 minutes ago, Hshiau said:

hi sustained winds and blizzard-like conditions in Derby, NY.  it's supposed to keep doing this for the next 24 hrs!!

Edited by TLChip
  • LIKE 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, so_whats_happening said:

KBUF 231705Z 24034G47KT 0SM R23/0700V1400FT +SN BLSN VV001 M09/M11 A2915 RMK AO2 PK WND 22044/1655 P0002 T10941106

Fun one out of Buffalo. Earlier they had a gust to 63 knots as a peak wind

Wife and I have been looking to potentially move to Buffalo. And buffalo is getting slammed this year lol. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

Wife and I have been looking to potentially move to Buffalo. And buffalo is getting slammed this year lol. 

we moved here 2 years ago.  Winters in 2020 and 2021 were fairly mild so we were thinking what's the big deal about Buffalo snow?  well, here we go.  been quite the winter already.  5 ft on Nov 17/18 and 2 ft last weekend. will be hard to measure after this weekend's snowstorm because of the high wind and the drifts

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 2
  • SNOWMAN 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

"Business....the only reason anyone would want to go to Buffalo"

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

21 hours ago, Brodozer1 said:

Seymour pub schools Thomaston pub school Waterbury pub school just started closing.

You think they all close at the same time and make a list i am not a teacher and know this .😂 Middletown schools don't announce until 5 am they all do different times, but you should know this.

what about the important pubs......Digger McDuffs, The Well, Taphouse 150, etc. etc. etc.?