December 22-24, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

1 minute ago, Momtomany said:

I’m over in ligonier. Im very interested to see how this goes 

Should be fun out your way with the upslope effect too.

Just now, Pghsnow said:

Yes, no doubt. Seeing the EURO come in has me excited for possibly 2-4. NAM had uptick and the short termers are not reliable yet for our area. 

Totally agree. It's been a nice surprise to see the positive trends this afternoon. If the GFS keeps us steady or gives us even more, I will really start to get a little excited. 

• LIKE 1

36 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Wow, an extra day for Christmas break does it really matter? I think it's good, enjoy time with family and hangout at home you could call it forced family fun time. Life is short enjoy it 🍻

I still never tried the boiling water in extreme cold; MJ got any juicy terms for this?

A friend in Minnesota is supposed to send me a  “boiling water transforming into snow” video tomorrow.  Will upload if she does!

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1

9 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

Should be fun out your way with the upslope effect too.

Totally agree. It's been a nice surprise to see the positive trends this afternoon. If the GFS keeps us steady or gives us even more, I will really start to get a little excited. 

Oh wow I just checked the 3k. Wow. Starting to look like the EURO and GFS. Friend just NW of Chicago only got around 1-2. As excited as I want to get, I am still leaning towards that here. 

Battening  down the hatches here in Buxton -- it is going to be a big "blow."

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM FRIDAY TO 2 AM EST
SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Southeast winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 70 mph
  expected.

* WHERE...Portions of south central and southwest Maine. Portions of
  central and southern New Hampshire. Peak winds are expected closer
  to the coast.

* WHEN...From 1 AM Friday to 2 AM EST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
  Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult,
  especially for high profile vehicles.
  • LIKE 1

46 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

Oh wow I just checked the 3k. Wow. Starting to look like the EURO and GFS. Friend just NW of Chicago only got around 1-2. As excited as I want to get, I am still leaning towards that here. 

Unless they're towards like Rockford, they should still pick up a little more, but it seems like as models have given areas in Illinois less snow, they've given us more

6 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

Unless they're towards like Rockford, they should still pick up a little more, but it seems like as models have given areas in Illinois less snow, they've given us more

image.thumb.png.dc6c45ffa3ea96e17dae42d16c4366b9.png

• THUMBS UP 1

34 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

image.thumb.png.dc6c45ffa3ea96e17dae42d16c4366b9.png

Again with these stupid models and the stupid illogical snow hole. There's not going to be 4 inches in Butler and 6 in just over in Eastern Ohio, but only two here. The Pittsburgh NWS has though introduced parts of Allegheny County getting 2 to 3 inches.

750652010_StormTotalSnowWeb(3).thumb.jpg.959a1ad83b0999496c07f4c57762d3b2.jpg

Edited by Bradjl2009
  • THUMBS UP 1

Started out as a wee bit of snow/snizzle, snow mixed with rain now...mostly rain, more or less white rain. dropped to 35 when precip started. Intested to see how high the temp can get at this point lol

Good to see some in PA get some white stuff, even if its just temporary.

Hang onto your hat's when that wind gets here!

33 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

Again with these stupid models and the stupid illogical snow hole. There's not going to be 4 inches in Butler and 6 in just over in Eastern Ohio, but only two here. The Pittsburgh NWS has though introduced parts of Allegheny County getting 2 to 3 inches.

heavy.JPG

• LIKE 1
  • SHIVERING 1

5 minutes ago, TheComet said:

Thumped a lot in my neck of the woods. We hit around 4” on top of the 8”/ice we had from last one. Will def be a white Xmas 

Aren't you under a Flood Watch? Thought I saw that somewhere. That would cut you down a bit, no? 

Bit windy coming in across the Tap a little while ago. Trees looked caked with ice in northern VA on 81, but roads were totally fine. Worst part of the drive was freezing fog in OK on Wednesday morning…. Or just the roads in PA/tri state in general lol.

62 hours in all, 44 of those on the road. exhausted, but glad to have made it according to plan. Now to await the frigid temps and watch it hit mid 70s back home 🙂

• LIKE 2
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators

Something fell, the house shook, thought it hit the house but nothing on it.  Lights flickering. Really windy out there.  Not sure how we'll get out of this with power and they said the worst is on its way. Not sure I'll go back to sleep.  Highest gust at the house 26mph which is the highest since Isaias.  

1863604246_ScreenShot2022-12-23at5_29_56AM.thumb.png.10356ae22cb53bdfee2e31466731267b.png

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 3