December 22-24, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators

Woke up to plain rain and had 0.1-0.2" of slushy ice on my truck at 0645 this morning. Untreated roads had slush, but treated roads were decent. When I was almost to work, the rain changed to mostly sleet for awhile. Now it's not doing much of anything.

• LIKE 2

Big flakes coming down at a good clip in Williamsport MD. If I’m not mistaken, MDBlueRidge calls these “dinner plate flakes.” Maybe these are more like tea cup plates! 
Giving off the “Hallmark Christmas” mood this morning.

84448875-C6CC-4C84-B10D-DA2A84851C04.thumb.jpeg.edfbf224024fa20d187fa0c31c878ab3.jpeg

• LIKE 3
  • WOW 1

3 minutes ago, CandO100 said:

Big flakes coming down at a good clip in Williamsport MD. If I’m not mistaken, MDBlueRidge calls these “dinner plate flakes.” Maybe these are more like tea cup plates! 
Giving off the “Hallmark Christmas” mood this morning.

84448875-C6CC-4C84-B10D-DA2A84851C04.thumb.jpeg.edfbf224024fa20d187fa0c31c878ab3.jpeg

douching dinner plates my friend lol

• LIKE 3
  • LAUGH 2

21 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

More than i thought I'd get. HRRR holds this snow for 2-3 hours. I'll take that anyday lol

Yeah, I kept seeing us being on the edge of 0 to 3" and pretty much figure the 0 was closer to reality. Seems like the colder and whiter scenario may win the day this part of the event.

Steady moderate. Looks like heavier snow is on the doorstep. 2-3" on the way??

INMAREPA_ (3).gif

• LIKE 3

4 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

Had slight bit of ice at 5:30AM. All rain and 36 now. Slight chance of snow on the backend. If we do we will get .05 “ of snow. ( that’s what Alexa said. You can’t make this stuff up )

.05” of snow! That’s like “here, have a sip of beer.” Gee, thanks! 😂

36 minutes ago, CandO100 said:

.05” of snow! That’s like “here, have a sip of beer.” Gee, thanks! 😂

Had a burst of big flakes.  Slushy accumulation.  Better enjoy this.  If this year is like last year might be one of my biggest storms!

• LAUGH 2

1 hour ago, JDClapper said:

Yeah, I kept seeing us being on the edge of 0 to 3" and pretty much figure the 0 was closer to reality. Seems like the colder and whiter scenario may win the day this part of the event.

Steady moderate. Looks like heavier snow is on the doorstep. 2-3" on the way??

INMAREPA_ (3).gif

Certainly passed up the 0 here I'd estimate a inch out there.. maybe slightly more.  Already superseded my expectations lol

16717227498291287338754307974673.jpg

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1