December 13th-15th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Wow. 12z GFS with a completely different solution. Initial low breaks apart and then transfers energy to the low further east and tracks east of the apps but has enough precip shield to the west to keep the lakes in the heavy snow. Drops 2’ in my area. Obviously it’s going to change 50 times before the low gets here but it’s a great run for many around the lakes and to the east.

A8C2FC6C-8448-48BE-BC72-2A727DC0EF15.png

Edited by SNOWBOB11
  • THUMBS UP 1

• The title was changed to December 13th-15th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL Winter Storm
5 hours ago, Hiramite said:

@Ohiobuckeye45  I'm going to remove the OV from the title of this thread.

This storm then "morphs" into the MI/PA/NY currently forecasted biggie.  Maybe someone will open a new thread for the 16th-17th storm for the GL region.

Bah humbug!!! Team CMC 🤣

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_27.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LAUGH 3

With this huge storm, there will most likely be 24-30" with possible blizzard conditions for southwestern South Dakota. The north side of the Black Hills will get the typical upslope enhancement. Many other areas of the Plains will get over 12" of snow. I'm sure there will be blizzard conditions in some areas of South Dakota and other areas. Maybe some of Colorado and Wyoming's mountains will finally get more than 100% of average snowpack at the end of this. Much of the far West is well over 100% snow water equivalent at this time.

snku_acc.us_nc (3).png

Edited by Chinook
  • LIKE 1

3 hours ago, Chinook said:

With this huge storm, there will most likely be 24-30" with possible blizzard conditions for southwestern South Dakota. The north side of the Black Hills will get the typical upslope enhancement. Many other areas of the Plains will get over 12" of snow. I'm sure there will be blizzard conditions in some areas of South Dakota and other areas. Maybe some of Colorado and Wyoming's mountains will finally get more than 100% of average snowpack at the end of this. Much of the far West is well over 100% snow water equivalent at this time.

snku_acc.us_nc (3).png

Wow, what a storm. That better work in our favor later in the month for cold AND snow to work into the Great Lakes. 

• LIKE 1

HRRR going crazy with totals for my back yard. It’s currently showing 19”. It’s going to be a wet snow however as it lowers totals by 6” using kuchera. So I guess around 7:1 ratios. Still 13” would be a solid storm.

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1

1 hour ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

HRRR going crazy with totals for my back yard. It’s currently showing 19”. It’s going to be a wet snow however as it lowers totals by 6” using kuchera. So I guess around 7:1 ratios. Still 13” would be a solid storm.

good luck!

• LOVE 1