December 15-17, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

1 hour ago, Lazman said:

Ya filthy, correct, bastage! 

aa864bfd68ed6af244498887d438cd76.jpg

I'll measure it and report back here. I'm sitting atop the Pocono plateau at 1900' above sea level. First snow flakes made their appearance at 10:23AM, 26F currently, light breeze.

• LIKE 3

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Southern Maine Snow said:

The rain/snow line is pretty much over my house on the models. I'm going to get a dusting to 8 inches.😂 I could take a 5 mile drive and see 10 inches. It's that close!

Supposed to take delivery of doors and windows on a tough camp road tomorrow. It's on a pond, so hopefully it'll be rain at the low elevation.  Such a difficult forecast.

• LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Kinda been mostly rain now here. Sitting around 32 ish. Not much freezing on contact. 

We are back to like a 50/50.. flakes are decent size, but it just cant make the complete flip yet. Radar upstream looks concerning, hoping for backfill, or things are gonna shut off and get showery in like 3 hours.

53 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

We are back to like a 50/50.. flakes are decent size, but it just cant make the complete flip yet. Radar upstream looks concerning, hoping for backfill, or things are gonna shut off and get showery in like 3 hours.

Yeah the costal needs to take over some or most will push out of here rather quickly 

I have flakes mixing in sporadically 

3 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Yeah the costal needs to take over some or most will push out of here rather quickly 

I have flakes mixing in sporadically 

Yep, 100% snow.. I hope thats that and no more flipping.

20221215_125009.jpg

20221215_125014.jpg

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 3

Mix of sleet and freezing rain this morning gave over to a very sad couple hours of plain rain. For now we’ve transitioned to mostly snow… not sure how long it will hold, but I’ll take it

• LIKE 1