December 15-17, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

Just now, WeatherFlash said:

Mine went to mostly snow/some sleet with the heavy return but immediately back to fzr mostly with the lighter returns.. seems that will be the theme

Was wondering about that.. but also thought, maybe it looks lighter because its mostly snow and not sleet. Anywho, nothing really unexpeceted so far, other than an early start.

Screenshot_20221215-081312_MyRadar.jpg

• Moderators

Left home this morning headed south to work. It was raining with light ice accumulation on the trees and nothing on the ground. I expected an uneventful drive, but was surprised to see sleet building up under my windshield wipers as I went south through Harrisonburg. There was obvious accumulation on the road, and while the interstate felt fine, as soon as I got off at my exit my Ranger started getting a little squirrelly. There was probably a quarter inch of sleet in the parking lot at work.

20221215_081225.jpg.e6094c970c2117274648263a674dbcfd.jpg

Edited by Tater
  • LIKE 3
  • SHOCKED 1
  • LOVE 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

One of those days you wake up, cloudy, with snow on the ground, 23° and dp of 19 and say to yourself,  "Rain?".

But in the last hour, the easterlies do their thing.  

1755197870_ScreenShot2022-12-15at9_02_12AM.png.71912f528c9fce59f6fcab02491463f6.png

30576572_ScreenShot2022-12-15at9_04_03AM.png.6ca266139d116ad752745be709e5623b.png

34° for a low up here, up to 39° now.

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 2

3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Same here in the Williamsport area.

Ah man. I was totally prepared for a mix sleet here as thats the danville theme lol..but was rooting for the port to stay mostly snow for this one. I still think you change over and get a few inches of the good stuff. 

3 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Ah man. I was totally prepared for a mix sleet here as thats the danville theme lol..but was rooting for the port to stay mostly snow for this one. I still think you change over and get a few inches of the good stuff. 

I really didnt expect to see the good snows until after 10, maybe as late as noon, so as long as we start flipping between then, think we are still good for 6, 7".

• LIKE 1

• Social Media Crew

An observation from Chambersburg.. It’s 32.2F.. Rain / Freezing Rain. No sleet has mixed in thus far.. but I am curious if some sleet or snow will mix in when the new coastal low gets going. 

• LIKE 1

Snowing at my moms in Stockertown PA about 15 minutes north of Bethlehem. 

I'm in my sig, 1 mile north of rt 78... should start as snow. Hoping to get a solid inch. if it overperforms maybe 2. She's in a battleground. Some models have her at 2ish or so. and others showing 8. 

• LIKE 1