December 11-12th, 2022 | Mid Atl/ NE Snow event

HVSNOWSTORM

3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Nice cold, crisp morning to help get that ground temp ready to take on accum tomorrow morning. (21 here, heavy frost)

Surprised how stable this forecast has been the past 2ish days. Not much wobbling. We'll see how it goes realtime soon enough!

True once they all jump on board for a storm it has stayed incredibly steady. Very uncommon lol. I think it's been 3.5 days now. Pretty good job by the models once they saw it.

• The title was changed to December 11-12th, 2022 | Mid Atl/ NE Snow event

Temp was at 13F at 11 pm and now currently at 26F at 9 am.  Skies are cloudy and our forecast is for light snow after 3 pm.  Consensus is that we get between 1"-2".  It should be enough to make things white and temps are expected to stay below freezing until Thursday.

Good luck to those that are expecting a some good snows from this system.

Edited by TheRex

24 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

This one is about wrapped up here. 1/4" of mush. Very underwhelming. Maybe next time.

20221211_113941.jpg

I always set my expectations to be extremely low for marginal events so that way I'm not disappointed when they don't pan out as the models show 80% of the time lol.

Edited by Bradjl2009
  • LIKE 1

37 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

This one is about wrapped up here. 1/4" of mush. Very underwhelming. Maybe next time.

20221211_113941.jpg

How much snow was the NWS forecast for your area and how much were models showing?

Steady light snow here the past 3-4 hours. Sticking to grass but not the pavement so much.  Size of the flakes increasing and seems to be getting a bit heavier. Nice to see the first batch of snow. 

Will get some pictures once it picks up a bit. Guessing it won't be sticking much to the roads until nightfall but could be wrong. 

• Moderators

These returns over W CT are mostly light non accum snow.  As it darkens and precip enhances it should start sticking better.  Still only 1/4" on table and snow board. But it looks pretty spotty after this batch.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-subregional-Mid_Atlantic-comp_radar-20_25Z-20221211_map_-21-1n-10-100.gif.fb3d9ed2ffe619d0d8239272a025b6ee.gif