December 11-12th, 2022 | Mid Atl/ NE Snow event

HVSNOWSTORM

First real snow of the year is 2.5 days from starting and I am the only one here. At least for the HV NEPA some of CT etc..

Edit: hopefully first real snow I should say lol.  2.5 days on models is a long time.

Edited by HVSNOWSTORM

2 hours ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

First real snow of the year is 2.5 days from starting and I am the only one here. At least for the HV NEPA some of CT etc..

Edit: hopefully first real snow I should say lol.  2.5 days on models is a long time.

😅 i guess if its just 1-3", meh?

They cants all be winners, but hey. 2" and 2" there, and suddenly its an average season.

Looks like an I80 north into NY and SNE at the moment. 60+ hours out, which way will it wobble?

Just now, JDClapper said:

😅 i guess if its just 1-3", meh?

They cants all be winners, but hey. 2" and 2" there, and suddenly its an average season.

Looks like an I80 north into NY and SNE at the moment. 60+ hours out, which way will it wobble?

I'll take 2" all day lol. I know you care about 2" but I guess most don't care about a 2-4" event.

32 minutes ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

I did get 4" in November but it started melted like as soon as we hit 4" so that one didn't feel authentic lol.

Yeah that's how the mid November snow was for me too. It was completely gone by the time I woke up the next morning.

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

I did get 4" in November but it started melted like as soon as we hit 4" so that one didn't feel authentic lol.

35 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

Yeah that's how the mid November snow was for me too. It was completely gone by the time I woke up the next morning.

Maybe this 1.25" will last into Monday PM. If we're lucky!

• LAUGH 1

1 hour ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

6z NAM looks nice

nam-218-all-ne-total_snow_kuchera-0868000.png.77d127ca23190e80af754d354c0e196b.png

Nice widespread light event. Yes please. Euro seems to be the most northern with accumulations.. many others pretty much as 6z NAM shows.. sref still on the southern envelope.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne.png

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ne.png

This was in response to @JDClapper.  I didn't sound right not being a reply to another post, so I edited to add this sentence:

I live far enough north that my area misses out on many of the coastal winter storms.  When NYC gets with a big storm, we tend to have clear skies with really cold temps.  We get a sizeable percentage of our snow each year a couple of inches at a time.  Since it tends to stay cold here, it does add gradually to our snow depth.  So I'll take 2" any day.

Edited by TheRex
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

• Admin

Hi-res FV3 is pretty stingy with the precip, almost looks like some convective like elements. The ocean streamers near the Cape and islands is kinda interesting.

fv3-hires_ref_frzn_neus_fh40-60.gif.32cf0eeed3255175ef5449529a19cb39.gif

These two pieces eventually phase, still 2 days till the the arrival, so maybe we can gin up a little better interaction.  

Trend.

namconus_z500_vort_eus_fh57_trend.gif.4374a7a6823848b932323230dcb72ca0.gif

• LIKE 4

On 12/8/2022 at 2:29 PM, HVSNOWSTORM said:

I am here

Nice cold, crisp morning to help get that ground temp ready to take on accum tomorrow morning. (21 here, heavy frost)

Surprised how stable this forecast has been the past 2ish days. Not much wobbling. We'll see how it goes realtime soon enough!