December 12-14, 2022 | Significant Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist

Probably not a good sign that the broken line has been so prolifically tornadic. But I have questions about longevity of cells later today due to geography. Seems like the biggest window for longevity will be late morning, first half of the afternoon

• Meteorologist
2 hours ago, Neoncyclone said:

FWIW I'm on the edge about a moderate risk, I kind of doubt they go for it. That being said today could be more active than last night.

I doubt it too because there’s not much room between the Gulf and the northern extent of the severe threat. If anything it’d be away from the Gulf coast because it’d probably take a while for the cells to get real momentum going. We’ll see though, wouldn’t rule it out

• Meteorologist
5 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

95/80 probs... sheesh

Almost every single cell has solid rotation, honestly if this continues I'm wondering if they'll put up a 30 hatched at the 20z update

I doubt it. Really depends on the window for this kind of thing to continue. I can't imagine we'll see multiple hours of this madness because that only happens with the truly exceptional outbreaks and that's not something you can expect/assume to happen. 

But I'm now home from work. Feels weird being done this early. But it works out perfectly for this outbreak.

• The title was changed to December 12-14, 2022 | Significant Tornado Outbreak