December 12-14, 2022 | Significant Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist
Just now, Neoncyclone said:

Really solid debris ball on it too.

Screenshot_20221213_081712_RadarScope.jpg.ffeeb1d568953f9ade7cb26e012ee195.jpg

Literally told my co-worker that also lived in DFW for a while that Watauga always seems to get tornadoes. Hopefully it's very short lived. 

• The title was changed to December 12-14, 2022 | Another Long Duration Tornado Outbreak
5 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Definitely not surprised severe storms/tornado warnings popped off around DFW. Classic loaded gun sounding.

2356CDD8-5E1F-4E1D-9AF8-F221EC4BD26B.gif

0-3km SRH looks like it would be 300+ instead of 1394. and I wonder what happened with the calculations for CAPE and so forth (the 9999's)

• Meteorologist
13 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Watching this one for sure

537EF064-B28A-43DA-AC57-37161E6A20E0.png

I’ve been watching this one since the beginning of this loop. That little hook when it was a “squall” is a good giveaway that, in a favorable environment such as this, a supercell is about to develop

4C4EBAF0-0601-4A9D-A2A6-35CD4BD2132A.gif

• Meteorologist
Just now, Chinook said:

0-3km SRH looks like it would be 300+ instead of 1394. and I wonder what happened with the calculations for CAPE and so forth (the 9999's)

Yeah some soundings have been glitching like that for a while now. Seems really random. Sucks, but after a while as you know, you don’t really need to know the exact values to know how favorable a sounding is

• Meteorologist
11 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Looks like they almost upgraded to moderate on the new outlook but they mention they wanted to see better instability 

Hrrr is showing 1000-1300 sbcape so that’s understandable. But if it’s underestimating moisture then they might have to pull the trigger later. The next shift might also have different opinions.

They still kept it at enhanced on the new outlook, definitely would be unusual to see a PDS watch for an enhanced risk. I'm sure there are others but I distinctly remember a PDS watch on 5/22/19 for a enhanced/slight risk area in OK. Another PDS watch was up for the moderate area that day but that's the only one I can think of

Edited by OKwx_2001