December 12-14, 2022 | Significant Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

16 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Could a PDS or a Emergency during rush hour cause mass panic and get people more into the danger by going on the interstate just to try to escape this?

This is probably why they hesitated. Right at rush hour. No emergency personal to direct traffic. I was surprised as well but it makes sense. You don’t want people scrambling out of their cars or driving erratically when it approached. Easily could be a mass causality event.

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

8 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

This is probably why they hesitated. Right at rush hour. No emergency personal to direct traffic. I was surprised as well but it makes sense. You don’t want people scrambling out of their cars or driving erratically when it approached. Easily could be a mass causality event.

Luckily it seems like it wasn't a very wide tornado, if this had been a large ef-3+ doesn't matter what time of day it is you give those people a chance to survive. Either way they did at least give it the confirmed tag, probably did a good enough job at making people take it seriously, I hope.

Edited by Neoncyclone
  • THUMBS UP 1

21 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

The debris signature was as it went over a wildlife refuge, it is certainly a waterspout now! I'm guessing with events like these there are tons of super impressive waterspouts that we just never get to see.

They are getting hit again now, and there's another one right behind it that looks very impressive

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
57 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Prefrontal convection is slowly getting stronger in AL, FL coast

Screenshot_20221214_170054_RadarScope.jpg.351392f7ab2c0d53082b93625e73e2fa.jpg

39 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Have a picture for that, I was just about to post it.

1027773203_Screenshot2022-12-145_19_03PM.png.46396cccc5ad83d7ecb63f362f038519.png

Pretty wild to have tornadic supercells this far ahead of the front in December

• Meteorologist
13 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

These two cells have some big time tornado potential if mesoanalysis is somewhat accurate

image.png.638419122f6b5b424506c4ae531446c6.png

Extreme low-level shear at the KMOB radar site. The one on the coast should take off.

image.png.6d62a914dcdd1b6a0601c244cd66b0d9.png

Didn't age well. Tornado warning expired but the meso is still there.

image.png