November 29th-30th, 2022 | Severe Weather | Lengthy Dixie Alley Tornado Outbreak on the 29th

Iceresistance

1693436072_Screenshot2022-11-29123118.png.3536e1236123d5653cdcbc386a88d41e.png

SEL2 URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED Tornado Watch Number 572 NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK 1210 PM CST Tue Nov 29 2022

The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a * Tornado Watch for portions of Southeast Arkansas Northern and Central Louisiana Central Mississippi * Effective this Tuesday afternoon and evening from 1210 PM until 700 PM CST.

...THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION...

* Primary threats include... Numerous tornadoes expected with a few intense tornadoes likely Scattered large hail and isolated very large hail events to 2 inches in diameter likely Scattered damaging wind gusts to 70 mph likely SUMMARY...Supercells are expected to develop this afternoon and track northeastward across much of northeast Louisiana and central Mississippi. Parameters appear favorable for strong and long-tracked tornadoes this afternoon and early evening. The tornado watch area is approximately along and 80 statute miles north and south of a line from 25 miles north of Fort Polk LA to 55 miles south of Tupelo MS. For a complete depiction of the watch see the associated watch outline update (WOUS64 KWNS WOU2). PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... REMEMBER...A Tornado Watch means conditions are favorable for tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements and possible warnings. && AVIATION...Tornadoes and a few severe thunderstorms with hail surface and aloft to 2 inches.

Extreme turbulence and surface wind gusts to 60 knots. A few cumulonimbi with maximum tops to 500. Mean storm motion vector 24035. ...Hart

1 minute ago, Neoncyclone said:

The rotation on the southern storm is ramping up a bit, surprised to see several storms down here in S LA already.

Screenshot_20221129_124117_RadarScope.jpg.df9a32eb18e31a6ef6f335510fb63dae.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_124121_RadarScope.jpg.aaaee3bb6d03d9feca9a0e3f46ab12b6.jpg

I'm not, I was afraid that it's likely going to overperform down there and could warrant the High Risk in Mississippi (and maybe Louisiana)

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

I'm not, I was afraid that it's likely going to overperform down there and could warrant the High Risk in Mississippi (and maybe Louisiana)

If they were going to upgrade to high risk they probably already would have, moderate risk is enough, And I just meant I was surprised because none of the CAM's initialized full blown storms this far south this early.

Edited by Neoncyclone

3 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

If they were going to upgrade to high risk they probably already would have, moderate risk is enough, And I just meant I was surprised because none of the CAM's initialized full blown storms this far south this early.

They may do it at 2 PM CST.

It also appears that the Northern Supercell is being choked out by the Southern Supercell along I-49, and north of Lafayette. 

Edited by Iceresistance

• The title was changed to November 29-?, 2022 | Severe Weather | D1 Moderate in NE Louisiana, Mississippi, and into NW Alabama | High Risk is still possible
37 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

They may do it at 2 PM CST.

It also appears that the Northern Supercell is being choked out by the Southern Supercell along I-49, and north of Lafayette. 

I was confused why you had said they may upgrade at 2 PM, I just realized that they mentioned it in this mornings discussion, my bad haha. 

"Consideration was made to introduce a small HIGH risk, but still too much uncertainty in the exact corridor of highest risk since moisture is not yet in place and there is no surface boundary to focus on."

Edited by Neoncyclone

Wow 95/90 tor probs I believe is the highest of the year and might be the highest since the high risk days in March last year. At first I didn't really see this being upgraded but with those types of probs I wouldn't be surprised 

Edited by OKwx_2001
  • LIKE 1