November 29th-30th, 2022 | Severe Weather | Lengthy Dixie Alley Tornado Outbreak on the 29th

Iceresistance

• Meteorologist

Feels safe to rule out an EF5 at this point, maybe even EF4, but I’d imagine this event will go down as the longest cool season tornado outbreak. It started about 12 hours ago, and has plateaued in intensity since the sun went down ~7 hours ago. Still cranking out new supercells that eventually become tornadic but I have to wake up in 5.5 hours.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Confirmed tornado near Purvis, which had an EF4 back on 4/19/20, and with watch 576 in effect until 6am CST this event still has a long way to go, I'm definitely not staying up for the rest of it though lol 

It's definitely unusual that we've had 2 major moderate risk outbreaks this month

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Pretty incredible to have a confirmed tornado doing damage that far NE, according to mesoanalysis that area should be pretty well stable in the low levels

Could be a case of a supercell creating its own environment.

• LIKE 1

• The title was changed to November 29th-30th, 2022 | Severe Weather | Lengthy Dixie Alley Tornado Outbreak on the 29th