November 29th-30th, 2022 | Severe Weather | Lengthy Dixie Alley Tornado Outbreak on the 29th

Iceresistance

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

If you can trust tilt 4 and this as a cc drop than debris is being lifted at least 14kft (I don't trust it lol)

Screenshot_20221129_220020_RadarScope.jpg.1ff1512ec04dbf7a302583d6cc05383d.jpg

The beam is scanning through very heavy rain and can't see past it. But it does look like a strong tornado touched down a few scans ago because we now have debris up to 8600 feet using BMX radar

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Yeah, was that a huge area of debris, or am I just wrong?

18 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

This was the tornado, it lifted in the last couple frames and has since moved well out of the instability. (click play not a picture)

Edited by Neoncyclone

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Another absolutely classic supercell in Alabama I could see this thing going crazy if that hook wraps around a bit more

Screenshot_20221129_223811_RadarScope.jpg

If you watch that on a loop, notice how the inflow rotates from being oriented southwest-northeast, then switches to south-north. Coincides with a hook developing. Always fun to watch that happen. Mesocyclogenesis.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1

Just now, ClicheVortex2014 said:

If you watch that on a loop, notice how the inflow rotates from being oriented southwest-northeast, then switches to south-north. Coincides with a hook developing. Always fun to watch that happen. Mesocyclogenesis.

Amazing to see the magic happen, it really is an absolutely classic Alabama supercell.

• LIKE 1