November 23-27, 2022 | Potential Thanksgiving Storm

Ingyball

@ClicheVortex2014

This is a serious message for you! You could be facing a HUGE snowstorm in Amarillo! The Euro has 16-20 inches in Amarillo on the Kuchera Ratio!

However! It all depends on the placement and the location of the ULL, if that is further east with the cold air than the models expected, then I get DUMPED!

Edited by Iceresistance
  • LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

• Meteorologist

EFI is really hitting the Panhandle pretty hard right now for snow. Pretty good potential showing up for rain in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Gonna have to watch temperatures in northern Oklahoma and parts of Kansas. ens_2022112212_sc_24h_sfi_SFC_84.png.72db401243beb9c9cc93f7dbd753a882.png

ens_2022112212_sc_24h_tpi_SFC_84.png.4b4aaf8faf22f6afd522faf4023bfb43.png

ens_2022112212_sc_24h_tpi_SFC_108.png.7ceb817431b7a2e89263ba1128298ee6.png

• Meteorologist
9 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

@ClicheVortex2014

This is a serious message for you! You could be facing a HUGE snowstorm in Amarillo! The Euro has 16-20 inches in Amarillo on the Kuchera Ratio!

However! It all depends on the placement and the location of the ULL, if that is further east with the cold air than the models expected, then I get DUMPED!

Today was only my second day on the job. So I'm just jumping straight into it I guess. Still don't know exactly how much we'll get in Amarillo but the talk has been that we'll see snow ratios around 1:7. Plus, some will melt early on impact because of soil temps. But we're expecting sustained winds of 20-25 mph with gusts 35-40 mph. Certainly not unusual for the area, but quite unusual for the areas I've lived all my life. So I'll enjoy the winds if the snow isn't that impressive.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 5

6 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Today was only my second day on the job. So I'm just jumping straight into it I guess. Still don't know exactly how much we'll get in Amarillo but the talk has been that we'll see snow ratios around 1:7. Plus, some will melt early on impact because of soil temps. But we're expecting sustained winds of 20-25 mph with gusts 35-40 mph. Certainly not unusual for the area, but quite unusual for the areas I've lived all my life. So I'll enjoy the winds if the snow isn't that impressive.

Due to my lack of being around for like 3 months because absolutely nothing weather happened….. I had no idea you got a job and moved to Texas… congratulations bro.. you put in the work and I’m glad to see it paying off for you.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist

Not sure I've seen models be so inconsistent with a storm before. Pretty significant shifts have still been occurring and we're only 12-24 hours before the start. GFS went from trending east of me with rain to right back in the rain at 12z.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist

Not sure I've seen a storm give the models such fits. It looked like we'd get our rain tonight but now it's going to be Saturday night. Sad thing is that this low track is perfect for a Wichita snow storm. Just no cold air. 

3 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Ended up getting nothing but strong wind and occasional rain here. I think the max gust we observed at AMA was 46 mph. 

We did get some thunderstorms southwest of here. 

26 inches to windy rain showers. Do people out there melt down about it like they do over here?

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Meteorologist
9 hours ago, 1816 said:

26 inches to windy rain showers. Do people out there melt down about it like they do over here?

26” had no credibility to begin with, but the fallout from flirting with winter storm warnings to no winter weather hasn’t been too bad… at least as of last night. Today might be a different story.

All I’ve heard is how wild/hard it is trying to forecast winter weather is around here, because we’re right at the forefront of the impacts from cutoff troughs which are notoriously hard to predict. At least in Ohio we have days to detect that things might drastically change. It took 4 runs to go from seeing the majority of the impacts (runs while the system was over the Pacific) to basically nothing (once sampling started)

Edited by ClicheVortex2014