November 15-16, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

7 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Quick change to sleet (represented by the orange returns)

Untitled.gif.b54da073bed9399b225ba3bdbd87f210.gif

well. . its time to head to the store, the radar dictates this, congrats to the people getting some snow!

Edited by tool483

• Moderators

Well, it should count since there was at least a 0.1" accumulation on the deck, table and hot tub  (and covered grill) but I'm pretty much a cold rain at 35 now.

Despite the radar telling me otherwise.

1053295973_ScreenShot2022-11-15at8_23_30PM.png.e44f8650e6078bbce205c9ababea72f3.png

• LIKE 1
  • DISAPPOINTED 3

45 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Well, it should count since there was at least a 0.1" accumulation on the deck, table and hot tub  (and covered grill) but I'm pretty much a cold rain at 35 now.

Despite the radar telling me otherwise.

1053295973_ScreenShot2022-11-15at8_23_30PM.png.e44f8650e6078bbce205c9ababea72f3.png

Oh shush with your cOvErEd grill 😅

33 light rain, sprinkles. Roads slushed.. its gross. But oh well, its white gold. 😄

• LIKE 1

Funny, they dont mention the valley but it's slick out, roads snow covered, overperformer so far, started around 7

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH WEDNESDAY/... 640 PM Update: With rather dry air in place (dewpoint depressions being some 10-15 degrees) ahead of leading edge of radar echoes now evident across the NY/CT/MA border, opted to reduce temperatures a few degrees to account for evaporative/wet-bulbing effects. Incorporated the cooler HRRR into the forecast across interior MA/CT to better reflect this rather temporary effect. Despite the radar returns the drier air in place should delay precip onset until about late evening (9-10pm) for western MA and northern CT, late-evening/midnight for parts of RI, eastern CT and central MA and with rain not arriving until midnight/early overnight in eastern MA. This did result in some small adjustments to forecast snow and ice accumulations across western MA and northern CT, but these adjustments were not significant enough to alter the overall message in any meaningful way. Forecast otherwise appears to be holding up with initial snow in the interior to transition over to a wintry mix and then to rain. Given limited accumulation and this type of p-type transition, it`s very possible that any snow which can accumulate in the higher terrain washes away. However travelers through the Berkshires, Litchfield Hills into northern portions of Worcester County overnight to pre-dawn should be aware of the potential for slippery and deteriorating road conditions with winter weather advisories in effect.

Light snow has started falling here with the temp at 31.8 F. Our forecast was for it to start around 3 am.These may be the first flakes of the season for my location. 

• LIKE 2

• Meteorologist

Nice reports! Hope you all enjoyed. Got some rain I wanna say there was a brief period of sleet to start off but I was asleep for overnight work. Looks like 1-3" was a good call and spotty of 4" around. That CAD signature holding really surprised me very impressive for this time of year. Wonder if this is a sign of the season to come.

• LIKE 5

At 7:30 am it was 30F and snowing.  I measured 3 1/2".  It must have snowed heavy early this morning.

Currently at 8:30 am it is 31 and light snow continues to fall.  I drove my son to work and the roads were horrible.  A car was in a ditch not far from here and I suspect the tow truck operators are having a busy morning.  I commented the other day that everyone forgets how to drive in snow during the warm months.  I was worried I was going to be a victim of my own comment.  I have snow tires and I found the roads very slick.  The plows had not been out either.  On my return I finally saw a plow.  

My back deck this morning:

image.png.6def41c56050490130fae9bec17bbba8.png

• LIKE 5

• Moderators

Measured just over 2" at 6:30 this morning but was heavy sleet at that time and probably had compacted snow down...but that's what i'll call it.

Didn't have time to get snow tires on yesterday...was just too busy at work and didn't get done until well after dark. Unfortunate as the roads up here were horrible....was sideways a couple times trying to get down off the hill. As I was brushing the slop off my car was thinking I shouldn't even attempt it....probably should have gone with that gut....but made it safely. Not happy schools weren't called for even a delayed start....but roads were fine once I hit the main arteries.

Currently 33F out there with some form of shit falling from the sky...

Edited by telejunkie
  • LIKE 4
  • LOVE 1

10:30 am, 33F and snow continues.  At time it has been on the heavier side and sometimes light snow.  I'm hoping we escape with minimal rain.

I painted my barn Barn Red this spring and it stands out nicely in the snow.  I should have thought about it and moved my warm weather car away from the barn yesterday.  I would have a good picture for my Christmas card if I had thought ahead.

image.png.69da613f289f1c10b6bdfefba350e7ad.png

• LOVE 4