November 15-16, 2022 | Winter Storm

Penn State

17 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

To be fair, the sun angle this time of year is the same as it would be in late January. The thing with November though is usually the ground is nowhere near as cold now as it is then. Score for the short range models.

I was just being silly with the sun angle mention. I checked the HRDPS early today and it gave me hope of an over performer. Had AGC in the 3-5 inch range 12z stayed that way, 

• SHOCKED 1

15 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

I was just being silly with the sun angle mention. I checked the HRDPS early today and it gave me hope of an over performer. Had AGC in the 3-5 inch range 12z stayed that way, 

Oh lol, my bad. Wow I didn't realize that model was calling for so much. I know before taking ratios into effect the nam had us at 3 inches. We have a solid coating on everything but the pavement now, but it doesn't seem to accumulate much unless the returns are heavy.

4 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

Oh lol, my bad. Wow I didn't realize that model was calling for so much. I know before taking ratios into effect the nam had us at 3 inches. We have a solid coating on everything but the pavement now, but it doesn't seem to accumulate much unless the returns are heavy.

It has not stopped accumulating here. 1/4 mile visibility. Guessing close to an inch at least. I am at a pretty high elevation where I am located in Bethel, and I know you are a little closer to the city.

11 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

It has not stopped accumulating here. 1/4 mile visibility. Guessing close to an inch at least. I am at a pretty high elevation where I am located in Bethel, and I know you are a little closer to the city.

It's really coming down here again and accumulating too. I know earlier too there was a time where the best returns were by far just to the east of 79 and south of the Parkway West too.

• LIKE 2

30 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

Flipped to mostly rain here now. Got my first shoveling in. Heavy wet snow.

I thought I noticed that on the traffic cameras. That slug of heavier returns is still all snow for me 5 miles NW of Downtown Pittsburgh. It's slowly accumulating on the neighbor's driveway.

Edit: I think we might be changing to rain too 5 minutes after sending that, but there's still flakes mixed in.

Edited by Bradjl2009