2022-2023 Season Long Lake Effect and Upslope snow

Hiramite

7 hours ago, junior said:

You know I am off starting today and it actually popped into my thoughts that I could just drive there tonight but I'd probably get stuck in my little sporty sedan.

That would be something… one day I will bro. Just say screw it and hit the road for something like this.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist

HRRR run for the ages. ~4.5" of frozen QPF for the area. Someone's getting 50"+

Hopefully people have taken appropriate precautions. This is a unique situation where all of Buffalo should know what's coming; their beloved Bills have had their home game moved to Detroit because of this. Weather can go in one ear and out the other when sports are involved... but forcing the home game to move away? That's an attention grabber.

image.png.36416c0839c270e5cfbf99239e63e89a.png

floop-hrrr-2022111800.ref1km_ptype.us_ne.gif

floop-hrrr-2022111800.refcmp.us_ne.gif

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • WOW 1

7 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

HRRR run for the ages. ~4.5" of frozen QPF for the area. Someone's getting 50"+

Hopefully people have taken appropriate precautions. This is a unique situation where all of Buffalo should know what's coming; their beloved Bills have had their home game moved to Detroit because of this. Weather can go in one ear and out the other when sports are involved... but forcing the home game to move away? That's an attention grabber.

image.png.36416c0839c270e5cfbf99239e63e89a.png

floop-hrrr-2022111800.ref1km_ptype.us_ne.gif

floop-hrrr-2022111800.refcmp.us_ne.gif

These guys just called. They wanted to let Buffalo know how cute they think it is to move a game because the weather is too brutal. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game

• Moderators

This is interesting.  From CLE with respect to the snow band moving south temporarily....

Once the aforementioned shortwave trough crosses the region, most models have winds aloft briefly veer from southwest to west Friday evening/night, especially at and above 800mb. The big question is if this synoptic-scale wind shift aloft is enough to overcome the Lake Erie megaband internal dynamics to shift it southward into Erie, PA county.

NWS CLE

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations in excess of 6 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.

* WHERE...Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, and Ashtabula Counties.

* WHEN...From Saturday evening through Sunday evening. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Heavy snow moves onshore from the lake overnight Saturday night into early Sunday. Blowing and drifting snow along with high snowfall rates may make travel hazardous across northeast Ohio.

48 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

Insane. I would love to see a good snow game like we used to. It’s been a while

Yeah, who would have thought that one of the best snow games of the recent years was Detroit at Philadelphia. Philadelphia is known for avoiding heavy snow and Detroit has a dome.

This happened, December 8, 2013, and worth checking out on youtube.

Edited by Chinook
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 hours ago, Snow____ said:

Insane. I would love to see a good snow game like we used to. It’s been a while

I miss those days.  He drops back, he throws, yes!  catch is made!  and the WR slides 10 yards.