Ex-Ian | 160 mph 937 mb peak | Historic and Catastrophic Damage in Florida | TCR Upgrades Ian to Category 5

Iceresistance

5 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Getting lightning strikes over land now with the northeastern eye wall. Unbelievable.

What's even worse is that storm surge is traveling up that channel right now into what I believe is Charlotte Harbor. Gotta be incredible damage and storm surge in Charlotte Harbor. Might be ground zero for this event.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-local-Orlando-truecolor-17_26Z-20220928_map-glm_flash_-24-1n-5-100.gif

Yes sir. That and also been getting funneled up the caloosahatchee into ft myers. 

3 minutes ago, clm said:

Man the winds this thing has and is predicted to have into SC

*Having issues uploading gifs now.

image.thumb.png.2ecae52a6b414a4bde7fdb7b66e5faea.png

image.thumb.png.cc72d012dfc47466c02f3a1ad3a375eb.png

Unfortunately Ian decided to extend his reign of terror. He wants to get his money's worth. The tornados from this thing are gonna be such a pain in the ass, not even counting rainfall and straight line winds. 

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, 1816 said:

Unfortunately Ian decided to extend his reign of terror. He wants to get his money's worth. The tornados from this thing are gonna be such a pain in the ass, not even counting rainfall and straight line winds. 

At least it’s not Ivan… 120ish?

• THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

Cam 9 is 10-12 feet above ground, and bobbing up and down.

It's not just the ridiculous surge but the absurdity of where it's at. The middle of a town square or whatever and it's now 10 or 15 feet under water. Hope everyone got out of that area. But I know there's usually a few hard heads who stay behind and who are living the nightmare for real right now. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

Just now, NWOhioChaser said:

Can someone please tell me if a tampa bay inlet storm is worse than this one? In terms of flooding and structures? 

It's a lot wider and I believe just shallow as hell. And of course it's a bigger city with more population density. Alot of land where Ian is currently making landfall is tied up in wetland and nature preserves and parks. Tampa Bay is all city. 

This could have been even worse amazingly enough. 

• THANKS 1