Ex-Ian | 160 mph 937 mb peak | Historic and Catastrophic Damage in Florida | TCR Upgrades Ian to Category 5

Iceresistance

9 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

Dont forget how our family is going to sue the local AHJ for not saving their "intelligent, loving and safe" babies!

Don't forget they never do anything wrong and they're good boys.

You guys my mind is going away from the meteorological and gravitating to the effects. How expensive is this going to be. I don't think it's hyperbole to say it's wiping out whole towns. It's a cat 5 moving slow. This destruction is going to be some of the worse we've seen in a long time. 

• THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

You guys my mind is going away from the meteorological and gravitating to the effects. How expensive is this going to be. I don't think it's hyperbole to say it's wiping out whole towns. It's a cat 5 moving slow. This destruction is going to be some of the worse we've seen in a long time. 

Billions man. BILLIONS.

• THUMBS UP 1

Citizens Insurance, which is the insurer of last resort in FL, is going to be dangerously close to becoming insolvent after this. They have way more policies than they should because so many companies have gone under. After the tragedy of this storm subsides there are going to be some really tough financial circumstances to deal with in the aftermath. Might see ghost towns pop up since people won't have the money to rebuild and nobody will insure them if they can. Crazy times. 

Edited by WeatherJim
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, WeatherJim said:

Citizens Insurance, which is the insurer of last resort in FL, is going to be dangerously close to becoming insolvent after this. They have way more policies than they should because so many companies have gone under. After the tragedy of this storm subsides there are going to be some really touch financial circumstances to deal with in the aftermath. Might see ghost towns pop up since people won't have the money to rebuild and nobody will insure them if they can. Crazy times. 

As I mentioned earlier - Part of what I do is Insurance Inspections. Over the last year (especially as Virtual Inspections take off) I have been given so much work, I cannot keep up. Likewise, Insurance Companies utilizing my services have asked me to be rather strict. 

They are concerned. 

Also - I drive less than I ever have and have no accidents or tickets in years and my Auto insurance just SKYrocketed. The explanation: Life is expensive right now. 

• SHOCKED 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Recalled this on my drive in this morning.  On the radio a woman was asking if a hurricane can hit land twice.

If I was the show host I would have said "No, no, it has a hit land once card.  After that it has to disintegrate and a new hurricane has to form if it wants to hit that same land."

• FACEPALM 1
  • LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Landfall looks imminent to me. the worst part of the eye...but it isn't good either.

Screenshot_20220928-125925_RadarScope.jpg

This is gonna be textbook hurricane survival mode. They're gonna get some really bad stuff. Then a humongous eerie eye. Then the real shit on the backside kicks in with the wind from the other direction to finish them off. God speed folks, 🙏 

• THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

I don't usually watch these guys, I have low tolerance for their shenanigans. But. This looks pretty intense. 

Reeds a lot to handle. There’s another tornado chaser I saw linked back in spring and he was calm cool and aware of a lot happening. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

The eye/eye wall doesn't look nearly as impressive as Michael's did at landfall. This isn't the buzzsaw we saw with Michael.

That said, no two storms are the same. No doubt this is a high-end Category 4 that may be re-evaluated and upgraded to low-end 5... just like Michael. Just interesting the differences. I'd describe this eye as pretty flimsy. Probably due to extra mesovortex action which doesn't bode well for the coast.

• LIKE 1

Latest radar, amazing how his eye stayed together with bands up against Florida for 18 hours. 

edit: I’d figure he’d get some dry air on the north side from dragging the bands across Florida but doesn’t look like that’s happening. 

52BD55C7-2C31-4FEF-99CE-FB03F67F747C.gif

Edited by TLChip
  • THUMBS UP 1