Ex-Ian | 160 mph 937 mb peak | Historic and Catastrophic Damage in Florida | TCR Upgrades Ian to Category 5

Iceresistance

14 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Wow just remember I had a HS friend in Naples… asked him if he left…nope he’s riding it out 😖

As long as he doesn't get caught in the surge, he should be okay. Unless Ian turns due east, they should miss out on the eyewall as they are some 35+ miles south of Ft. Myers. Ft. Myers on the other hand is getting crushed....

5 minutes ago, cer5059 said:

The bottom feed in the video is from Ft Myers. Street is flooded and filled with debris coming in

Yeah that is serious. Hope everyone is OK. This one is the real deal. We still have a long way to go. 

2 minutes ago, 1816 said:

Pretty sure most of sanibel is underwater at this point. Most of the cams closer to shore seem to be down. This one is a couple blocks inland. 

Screenshot_20220928-122333_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba5c129eec22a5c53975ad10a483b442.jpg

Yeah, the ones I was looking at earlier are all down… not surprised.

• THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, 1816 said:

Yeah that is serious. Hope everyone is OK. This one is the real deal. We still have a long way to go. 

They have a feed from Sanibel Island. They are saying the camera is at least 8 feet off the ground and it has water crashing over it

• SAD 1

3 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Ian about to make landfall here soon? Because that was quite the right turn just now. Around Captiva maybe?

Screenshot_20220928-122526_RadarScope.jpg

I mean, it seems to me Cape coral, ft myers, Captiva and sanibel obviously are basically being wiped off the map today. Especially anything adjacent to all those intracoastals and tributaries and all of that. It's a bunch of barrier islands really and then some narrow long inlets. They're getting raked with a direct hit. The expense of this storm is going to be off the charts. When I said it might go cat 5 yesterday I was hoping to be wrong as usual since I am one of the least knowledgeable here. But this morning it was clear I was a blind squirrel on that one. These aren't your granddaddys stoms it's the new breed. 

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
47 minutes ago, 1816 said:

Especially next to the pier. 

"How about we get in the water"

"OK cool. No not over there. Let's go over here where we can get thrown against these columns, get concussed, and drown"

"Right on."

Dont forget how our family is going to sue the local AHJ for not saving their "intelligent, loving and safe" babies!

• FACEPALM 2