Ex-Ian | 160 mph 937 mb peak | Historic and Catastrophic Damage in Florida | TCR Upgrades Ian to Category 5

Iceresistance

1 minute ago, cer5059 said:

I feel like 10 minutes ago the water was halfway up this mailbox, now, its almost completely under.

image.png.7aa3342d956eae6e08c11b8209b50f18.png

Not surprised.  There are no hills, mountains, etc... in Florida to slow down winds or flooding.  Its all flat.  Maybe a tiny hill here and there, but nothing to slow this down.

• LIKE 1

10 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Current MRMS radar

975C9333-7FA9-4394-A76B-45B913AAC09D.thumb.gif.8c2d1f3cf503cc4120663b1126df3544.gif

This is actually a chilling image. Hurricanes they are cat 5 are not supposed to look like that, at least in my mind. They are tight and compact with an Itty bitty evil eye. This is like some kind of superstorm from an apocalypse movie with the biggest honkin eye I've ever seen. 

Edited by 1816
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, cer5059 said:

This video from what I was talking about a couple pages back. Darwin award winners here.

Especially next to the pier. 

"How about we get in the water"

"OK cool. No not over there. Let's go over here where we can get thrown against these columns, get concussed, and drown"

"Right on."

• LAUGH 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, 1816 said:

Especially next to the pier. 

"How about we get in the water"

"OK cool. No not over there. Let's go over here where we can get thrown against these columns, get concussed, and drown"

"Right on."

It's the TikTokers! Of course they are! 😠

Edited by Iceresistance

I hate to think this way guys, and gals, but I have a bad feeling about loss of life. I feel like people heard CAT3 a couple days ago and no one (except us) talked about the potential for CAT5. I believe they heard this and said, "We've been through worse, I'm staying". I just really feel like this is going to end up horrible!!

• SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, cer5059 said:

This video from what I was talking about a couple pages back. Darwin award winners here.

If you weren't aware of the "Florida man" memes, you are now. Got another one to add to the collection.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1