Ex-Ian | 160 mph 937 mb peak | Historic and Catastrophic Damage in Florida | TCR Upgrades Ian to Category 5

Iceresistance

Just now, FortySixAnd32 said:

Police just kicked people off the Naples pier....

Good.  Not only do they put themselves at risk, but they put any police, EMT, fire, rescue at risk as well to save their stupid butts.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3

• Admin
1 minute ago, clm said:

Good.  Not only do they put themselves at risk, but they put any police, EMT, fire, rescue at risk as well to save their stupid butts.

Actually, Naples is under a mandatory evacuation I believe (parts of anyway). So, Emergency Services would actually leave to your own until they could safely come pick up your body. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • THANKS 1

46 minutes ago, Burr said:

East tip of Sanibel near the causeway is under water.  Causeway cam is down, as are the ones I was trying to access in Captiva.

6F5CED62-3677-4E9E-B980-67B93ABD540C.jpeg

5A301FAC-F875-4925-88FE-4142649C2B9E.jpeg

6ACB027C-4310-4191-92BB-EDCEEBE44978.jpeg

Yeah most of the ones on sanibel at resorts and hotels are down too. I feel like that's probably a bad sign. 

• THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, 1816 said:

Yeah most of the ones on sanibel at resorts and hotels are down too. I feel like that's probably a bad sign. 

Keep in mind it may just be the power that is out and nothing destroyed.

• THUMBS UP 2

32 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

Probably too late for anyone in the direct path, but the fact that they've fidgeted around the 155mph/157mph declaration (e.g. Michael) in the past only to retroactively declare cat 5 has always been baffling to me.  

Maybe they are saving the cat 5 currency for storms of the near future?

Edit: I guess I'll add if you're the type of person not evacuating an outlying key for a Cat 4 would it really change your mind if it was technically a Cat 5? Sadly, probably not. 

I'm a pessimist but I'm going with its a measure of saving face. They said high 3 then bumped it to 4 and having it come in at 5 makes them look bad. Easier to do it retroactively when no ones watching. 

• LIKE 1