Ex-Ian | 160 mph 937 mb peak | Historic and Catastrophic Damage in Florida | TCR Upgrades Ian to Category 5

Iceresistance

• Moderators

Current obs.  Getting windy out there. Even the east coast has some near TS force sustained (West Palm Beach 33mph) and gusts near or over.

I find this site really good for official obs. https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/ Madis is good too but clunky.  Otherwise its hunting down wunderground stations.

412614649_ScreenShot2022-09-28at9_02_15AM.thumb.png.df02c3fb0e09b792664239819dbb0823.png

• THANKS 1

30 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

You would think. But then I’ve seen a lot of canes increase allegedly due to frictional affects tightening the circulation. So if it strengthens we say that. If it weakens it’s land interaction.  

I should be a politician. 

Oddly enough, as I stared at your profile avatar, I thought I heard "vote for StretchCT" as I watched the storm rotate.

• LAUGH 3

9 minutes ago, 1816 said:

To illustrate MJs point. This hurricane is doing some tsunami shit. I'm not sure I want to watch the part where it all comes back. 

I'd love to see it come back but would want a camera to capture it and not witness it physically.

1 minute ago, Snow____ said:

I don’t see it collapsing. I see it poking out clear at the end of the loop.

Yeah so do I.  I was thinknig that in the middle of the loop it looks like it does collapse or close up.  But could be just the clouds as it rotates.

Per the 9am updated advisory:

Peak Storm Surge Inundation has been increased for the following locations:

* From Englewood to Bonita Beach...12-18 ft

* Charlotte Harbor...12-18 ft

* From Bonita Beach to Chokoloskee...8-12 ft

* From Chokoloskee to East Cape Sable...5-8 ft

16 minutes ago, Burr said:

Super-closeup

6E527F40-1C94-48E2-99F5-44703A40B234.gif

This is where technology is awesome.  We wouldn't have had this clarity 20 years ago.  Nature is simply amazing.  Just sad in that this is a destructive storm.

However times when I hate technology are when you get a friggen call every 5 minutes from work wanting an update.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

Mission 28's latest drop had a top wind of 193mph at around 2000 feet. 

Average Wind Over Lowest Available 150 geopotential meters (gpm) of the sounding:
- Lowest 150m: 153 gpm - 3 gpm (502 geo. feet - 10 geo. feet)
- Wind Direction: 340° (from the NNW)
- Wind Speed: 133 knots (153 mph)
160906762_ScreenShot2022-09-28at9_42_38AM.thumb.png.b12c21a3c9684a585e36a2e489e09378.png

• SHOCKED 2
  • YUCK 1