August 19-?, 2022 | Severe Weather

ClicheVortex2014

6 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Definitely not surprised to see a day 1 enhanced. (It's for 30% hatched hail)

image.png

That will make for a very unhappy harvest…..

• Meteorologist

Classic case of a jet streak punching in to make a possible outbreak. Getting the jet streak into the warm sector will elongate the hodographs which will enhance storm organization. Normally having an elongated hodograph/strong upper-level winds leads to long-lived supercells, but storm mode will likely discourage that.

image.thumb.png.aced37ab40c979f69ef0213ea80b2906.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Neoncyclone said:

Looking like it's going to be a pretty nasty evening, that being said it feels good finally having some storms to track. I still think our "second" season is going to go crazy this year.

floop-hrrr-2022091819.refcmp_uh001h.us_ov.gif.012dad96218a16018cb0e11ecb9d70c1.gif

I personally hope it's not as crazy as Last Year's, it was absolutely INSANE!

4 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

One heck of a thunderstorm came through this morning.  .75" in an hour, and heat index of 87. Then 90 on Wednesday and under slight risk. Next day 63 and clouds. The swings of autumn are here! 

The thunder was loud. It's just the kind of excitement I missed in Colorado, sadly, with low amounts of rain over the summers. 

Great for NE Ohio but bad for me. Last disappointment for NW Ohio as far as I'm concerned. F*** this season. Bring on winter. 

40 minutes ago, Chinook said:

The NAM-3km shows a highly organized squall line tomorrow in Ohio. That's certainly not the only possibility. NWS-SPC has a slight risk from northern Ohio to western New York.

Edited by NWOhioChaser