Fall 2022 | Outlooks and Discussion

Ohiobuckeye45

GFS (and CFS for that matter) shows that Warm West/Cold East dipole for weeks coming up.

I'm more used to seeing this in February, March, and April.  I got spoiled with all the nice, warm previous Falls.  

So, the trade-off here is we'll finally get a nice, warm Spring in the Midwest out of this?  (lol)

• LAUGH 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Meteorologist

Love the comments on this tweet. "is that a lot?"

Side note: I don't know if the 2.8 trillion gallons part of the original tweet is accurate. But the amount of rain produced by this system is... a lot.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1

16 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Love the comments on this tweet. "is that a lot?"

Side note: I don't know if the 2.8 trillion gallons part of the original tweet is accurate. But the amount of rain produced by this system is... a lot.

I wonder if he has some sort of algorithm running to determine the amount of water or if he is doing a state wide average (guesstimate) and then multiplying by the amount of land in Washington. Either way, yes, a metric you know what of rain. Over the next two weeks, the west and the Mississippi river valley look to be the areas where precipitation will be most prevalent. I wonder if the Mississippi River will start to see some rebound in water levels.