ClicheVortex2014

Confirmed tornado currently in ND.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Bismarck ND
523 PM CDT Mon Aug 15 2022

The National Weather Service in Bismarck has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Northeastern McLean County in south central North Dakota...

* Until 600 PM CDT.

* At 522 PM CDT, a confirmed tornado was located 8 miles west of
  Butte, or 28 miles east of Garrison, moving southeast at 10 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado.

SOURCE...Public confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
           shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
           Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur.  Tree
           damage is likely.

* The tornado will be near...
  Butte around 600 PM CDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include
Strawberry Lake.

1 hour ago, snowlover2 said:

Confirmed tornado currently in ND.

Of course, where else would it be? There or north of the border there. 

Really nice stretch of weather here. Around 80 all week. Not much humidity.  Boring if you like strong storms. Nice if you don't like standing and sweating. No formidable threat of severe weather anywhere in sight(not like it's been an active year around here). Patiently waiting for fall. But I know better.  Going to get a couple more heat waves before the summer is over. Which is in 36 days. Fall severe season doesn't really favor NW Ohio, but who knows, maybe we'll be surprised. But I doubt it. 

7 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Tonight is my last night in Ohio. 😞 Most people wouldn't be sad about that, but I do enjoy SW OH's climatology. Central-ish Tennessee will be different and I'm sure there'll be some perks but hopefully I won't be there long. I have an interview with NWS Amarillo on Wednesday, and I'm waiting to hear back from Wichita after I submitted my written interview.

Good luck to you! You will make a positive impact wherever you end up! Congrats!!!

• THUMBS UP 2
  • LOVE 2

9 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Tonight is my last night in Ohio. 😞 Most people wouldn't be sad about that, but I do enjoy SW OH's climatology. Central-ish Tennessee will be different and I'm sure there'll be some perks but hopefully I won't be there long. I have an interview with NWS Amarillo on Wednesday, and I'm waiting to hear back from Wichita after I submitted my written interview.

If you make it to Wichita, you will be joined with @Ingyball!

• LIKE 1

9 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Either way you'd be out there where you should be, tornado land.  Best of luck

• LIKE 2

• Meteorologist

Thanks guys. Now in Tennessee after the 7 hour drive. I'm a Central time guy now. Arrived last night but was exhausted. At a campground waiting for the house to close. Had my interview with AMA today alongside a lake on the phone (wifi sucks ass) It was a great place to do an interview. Got an interview with ICT Monday. If neither works out, I'm gonna have to move to Nashville or Knoxville and find some random full-time job. Wouldn't be the worst thing, but I'd love to move out to the Plains.

I am happy about being on, arguably, the northern periphery of Dixie Alley, though. First thing I did when I was at their new house was check out the view of the west and southwest. Mostly trees a few hundred feet away, but they should have a good view of incoming storms in the winter/early spring.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 2

On 8/15/2022 at 11:04 PM, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Good luck, Cliche!  I’ve been on these boards with you for years and have always thought you’d make a hell of a NWS Met.  Good luck with the move and your interviews.  Pulling for you, buddy!  

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 2

• Meteorologist
11 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Good luck, Cliche!  I’ve been on these boards with you for years and have always thought you’d make a hell of a NWS Met.  Good luck with the move and your interviews.  Pulling for you, buddy!  

Thank you very much. Collaborating with all of you for x number of years (at most since 2014) has helped me immensely. It really helps to write down one's opinions, debate with others, and learn from it. Even explaining things to others is valuable in many ways.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 3
  • LOVE 2

10 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Thank you very much. Collaborating with all of you for x number of years (at most since 2014) has helped me immensely. It really helps to write down one's opinions, debate with others, and learn from it. Even explaining things to others is valuable in many ways.

We appreciate you tremendously bud. Gonna miss you here innSW Ohio 

• LIKE 3