July 1-21, 2022 | Ring of Fire/MCS Outbreak Sequence

ClicheVortex2014

4 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

If you're talking about 3/2/12 then that EF3 struck south of there, near Moscow. If you're not talking about 3/2/12, no idea. 😂

That is it and yes it was Moscow 😂😂. At least I actually got a date right for once… that’s just one of those days you can’t forget though even with my memory. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
16 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

That is it and yes it was Moscow 😂😂. At least I actually got a date right for once… that’s just one of those days you can’t forget though even with my memory. 

I've mentioned this numerous times but same... that day was the reason I got into Meteorology. I was at the Blue Ash satellite campus of UC that afternoon. I won't ever forget that day. I remember playing Call of Duty that morning listening to the radio and Randi Rico (WLWT) talking about how she doesn't like to sound the alarm but that day was the real deal. Gave me goosebumps when I heard that. I probably should've just skipped classes that day but I'm thankful I didn't. I probably wouldn't be on the course I'm on right now.

--

NAM is really sneaking an event on Friday for Indiana/Ohio. Appears to be MCS/MCV forced. This is currently not backed by HRRR. We'll have to wait a bit and see what the rest of the CAMs say.

trend-nam-2022070700-f048.ehi03.conus.gif

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

• Meteorologist

I have a feeling about tomorrow. MCV in the area (lots of vorticity), at least decent directional shear, got moisture, speed shear is borderline. I'm expecting a 5% tornado area for tomorrow. Should have a sneaky supercell, possibly tornadic.

The only thing yesterday and tomorrow have in common is the fact they're both influenced by a MCV. Other than that, everything seems more favorable tomorrow than yesterday except for instability. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

The speed and track of the overnight MCS will be very important for tomorrows severe weather. I wouldn't trust any run until tomorrow morning but here's 0z HRRR

Anyway, I was thinking a broken line of storms would form in central IN/west-central OH and move south or southeast. This run shows... not that.

floop-hrrr-2022070800.refcmp.us_ov.gif

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Well... I'm *almost* to the point where I'm ready for the fall/winter severe season. Usually I get nostalgic about wind shear-involved severe weather events in August or September. 

• Meteorologist

Sounding for Montgomery county. Ignoring the lack of mlcape, decent sounding for July. Solid directional shear, but the hodograph suggests splitting supercells. A localized maximum of the LLJ would support a localized enhanced tornado threat.

The theme of tomorrow: favorable directional shear for supercells. Speed shear marginal. Hodograph favorable for splitting supercells. Localized maximum of low-level shear holds greatest tornado potential. Most likely in the vicinity of the Ohio River.

image.thumb.png.76feb51b9a55c7eacf5c484c4c6b2e7f.png

image.thumb.png.18e420774092e814a1f98cb14470a1fd.png

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Current severe warnings with latest slight risk. Looks like the MCS will end up taking the northern track. If true, that would keep the severe threat south *and* north of the Ohio River. If the MCS crosses the Ohio River between Cincinnati and Louisville, the afternoon severe threat should stay generally south of the Ohio River.

image.thumb.png.1c2b9b4ab62ef20db52c9ef9acae5b39.png

On 7/6/2022 at 10:34 PM, ClicheVortex2014 said:

I've mentioned this numerous times but same... that day was the reason I got into Meteorology. I was at the Blue Ash satellite campus of UC that afternoon. I won't ever forget that day. I remember playing Call of Duty that morning listening to the radio and Randi Rico (WLWT) talking about how she doesn't like to sound the alarm but that day was the real deal. Gave me goosebumps when I heard that. I probably should've just skipped classes that day but I'm thankful I didn't. I probably wouldn't be on the course I'm on right now.

--

NAM is really sneaking an event on Friday for Indiana/Ohio. Appears to be MCS/MCV forced. This is currently not backed by HRRR. We'll have to wait a bit and see what the rest of the CAMs say.

trend-nam-2022070700-f048.ehi03.conus.gif

I was at college that day. I remember how freaking warm it was that day for March 2nd. Everyone was sitting outside eating their lunches in between classes and I was on the forum keeping up with the weather because a high risk is just so rare I couldn’t not be trying to sneak peaks all day. It was such a memorable weather day for anyone who was interested in weather at that time. 

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I know y’all get jazzed for severe events but at this point I’ll take regular ol’ summer thunderstorms and rain once a week lol.

Funny you say that because as much as I love trying to get a severe storm, I also love a good mcs event… speaking of which I feel like we don’t get those as often as we used to. I miss just get a nice mcs and hearing low rumbles of thunder for hours during the night.

• THUMBS UP 1