July 1-21, 2022 | Ring of Fire/MCS Outbreak Sequence

ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist

I'm curious what the hell is going on with the streak of high-end derechos since December 2021. A derecho with 20+ significant wind reports used to be very rare... but this is, like, the 5th or 6th since 12/15/21?

image.png.330b74d78c1ec3c1d85dccfd410b3e15.png

• THUMBS UP 1

9 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

New warning for the Fort Wayne cell is for 70 mph winds. Got other cell development nearby.

BA80AD50-4D2F-424A-8EE5-FC101B213006.gif

Wow…Fort Wayne area has just been getting pounded. From near drought conditions to some not-so-lucky areas potentially getting a foot of rain in 24 hours. 😮

* At 821 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area. Between 3 and 7 inches of rain have fallen earlier today. The expected rainfall rate is 1 to 3 inches in 1 hour. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 5 inches are possible in the warned area.

• LIKE 2

4 minutes ago, NWsnowhio said:

Wow…Fort Wayne area has just been getting pounded. From near drought conditions to some not-so-lucky areas potentially getting a foot of rain in 24 hours. 😮

* At 821 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area. Between 3 and 7 inches of rain have fallen earlier today. The expected rainfall rate is 1 to 3 inches in 1 hour. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 5 inches are possible in the warned area.

Yeah was about go post that...Ft. Wayne is probably a swamp by now. Storms probably won't get as far east as Toledo, but impressive for Indiana.  There's such a thing as too much rain at once 

• LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Given recent trends, I'm surprised there's no change for W OH.

image.png.a1c6cedcd4e0e9ee2e462804c6f79dd8.png

I stepped outside here in the Findlay area a short time ago and I don’t believe I’ve ever felt the humidity any stronger in the absence of sunshine. We always say it feels like a sauna, but this time it literally feels like a sauna/steam room. Then a rain shower hit, and the heat index dropped all the way down to 100 degrees. 😅

My wife even commented that it doesn’t feel right/normal out there this evening. It’s been nonstop rumbling thunder and random huge tropical raindrops since. Have a feeling this system is gonna wring  out some of that moisture on top of us tonight. 

Edited by NWsnowhio
  • WOW 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, NWsnowhio said:

I stepped outside here in the Findlay area a short time ago and I don’t believe I’ve ever felt the humidity any stronger in the absence of sunshine. We always say it feels like a sauna, but this time it literally feels like a sauna/steam room. Then a rain shower hit, and the heat index dropped all the way down to 100 degrees. 😅

My wife even commented that it doesn’t feel right/normal out there this evening. It’s been nonstop rumbling thunder and random huge tropical raindrops since. Have a feeling this system is gonna wring  out some of that moisture on top of us tonight. 

I was going to go for a walk this evening, but then I walked outside, and it feels like Orlando out there. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
6 minutes ago, NWsnowhio said:

My wife even commented that it doesn’t feel right/normal out there this evening. It’s been nonstop rumbling thunder and random huge tropical raindrops since. Have a feeling this system is gonna wrong out some of that moisture on top of us tonight. 

The past month has been pretty crazy. Uncharacteristic heat wave, 80 degree dew point across Southwest Ohio. 2011/2012 was a decent analog for this year... thankfully Spring 2011 didn't verify... but so far this summer is looking like a more humid version of Summer 2012, kinda like 2011. After all, the last time Cincinnati hit 80 dew point was 2011. 

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

38 minutes ago, NWsnowhio said:

Can confirm. Wife and I just came back for a walk and it is literally a bog out there.

• YUCK 1